Din in MP Assembly on lawyers` strike; Oppn demands govt reply
Bhopal: Congress members on Wednesday created a ruckus in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly on the ongoing strike by lawyers in Indore district and demanded an immediate reply from the ruling BJP government on the issue.
The matter was raised by Jeetu Patwari (Congress) during Zero hour stating that judicial work in Indore was not taking place since last 12 days due to advocates` strike.
He said that every day nearly one lakh cases were heard in different courts of the district including the High Court bench here, and the strike has brought the legal work to a grinding halt.
Patwari demanded immediate reply from Home Minister Babulal Gaur on the issue.
Advocates in Indore went on strike after a dispute between a lawyer and a builder reached Tukoganj Police Station following which large number of advocates gathered outside it demanding registration of a case against those who have allegedly manhandled their colleague on June 26.
Because of lawyers` protest, the busy MG Road got jammed following which police not only registered a case against those who manhandled the lawyer but also against nearly 150 protesting advocates for obstructing traffic.
Agitated over the development, lawyers associations gave a call for an indefinite strike on July 2, demanding removal of Tukoganj Police Station in-charge and also withdrawal of cases against protesting advocates.
Speaker Sitasharan Sharma said the member has given a notice on the issue today itself and he has sought reply from the government on it.
The Chair assured them that the matter will be discussed after getting the government`s reply.
Dissatisfied with the Chair`s ruling, Congress members rushed to the well of the House and raised slogans against Home Minister which were expunged by the Speaker.
Intervening in the matter, Mukesh Nayak (Congress) too said it was a serious matter as legal work in courts never got affected for so many days.
Later, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Narottam Mishra said that Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has taken the matter seriously and has deputed a senior official to resolve the issue which he hoped will be done by this evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'