Din in MP Assembly on lawyers` strike; Oppn demands govt reply
Bhopal: Congress members on Wednesday created a ruckus in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly on the ongoing strike by lawyers in Indore district and demanded an immediate reply from the ruling BJP government on the issue.
The matter was raised by Jeetu Patwari (Congress) during Zero hour stating that judicial work in Indore was not taking place since last 12 days due to advocates` strike.
He said that every day nearly one lakh cases were heard in different courts of the district including the High Court bench here, and the strike has brought the legal work to a grinding halt.
Patwari demanded immediate reply from Home Minister Babulal Gaur on the issue.
Advocates in Indore went on strike after a dispute between a lawyer and a builder reached Tukoganj Police Station following which large number of advocates gathered outside it demanding registration of a case against those who have allegedly manhandled their colleague on June 26.
Because of lawyers` protest, the busy MG Road got jammed following which police not only registered a case against those who manhandled the lawyer but also against nearly 150 protesting advocates for obstructing traffic.
Agitated over the development, lawyers associations gave a call for an indefinite strike on July 2, demanding removal of Tukoganj Police Station in-charge and also withdrawal of cases against protesting advocates.
Speaker Sitasharan Sharma said the member has given a notice on the issue today itself and he has sought reply from the government on it.
The Chair assured them that the matter will be discussed after getting the government`s reply.
Dissatisfied with the Chair`s ruling, Congress members rushed to the well of the House and raised slogans against Home Minister which were expunged by the Speaker.
Intervening in the matter, Mukesh Nayak (Congress) too said it was a serious matter as legal work in courts never got affected for so many days.
Later, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Narottam Mishra said that Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has taken the matter seriously and has deputed a senior official to resolve the issue which he hoped will be done by this evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali