Dishonour killing: Man kills daughter in Indore
Indore: In a case of dishonour killing, a man allegedly killed his 19-year-old daughter here for having an affair with a boy from another caste.
Shivnarayan Verma (45), a resident of Pardeshipura area, strangulated his daughter Jyoti late Saturday night, police said on Sunday.
Afterwards, he himself went to the police station and confessed about the act.
The girl was in love with a boy who lived near her house and wanted to marry him, but Verma was against it as the boy was from another caste.
Jyoti had decided to elope last night, but her father learnt about her plant and tried to stop her.
She, however, refused to change her mind, and a furious Verma strangulated her, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack