Dishonour killing: Man kills daughter in Indore
Indore: In a case of dishonour killing, a man allegedly killed his 19-year-old daughter here for having an affair with a boy from another caste.
Shivnarayan Verma (45), a resident of Pardeshipura area, strangulated his daughter Jyoti late Saturday night, police said on Sunday.
Afterwards, he himself went to the police station and confessed about the act.
The girl was in love with a boy who lived near her house and wanted to marry him, but Verma was against it as the boy was from another caste.
Jyoti had decided to elope last night, but her father learnt about her plant and tried to stop her.
She, however, refused to change her mind, and a furious Verma strangulated her, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation