Dishonour killing: Man kills daughter in Indore
Indore: In a case of dishonour killing, a man allegedly killed his 19-year-old daughter here for having an affair with a boy from another caste.
Shivnarayan Verma (45), a resident of Pardeshipura area, strangulated his daughter Jyoti late Saturday night, police said on Sunday.
Afterwards, he himself went to the police station and confessed about the act.
The girl was in love with a boy who lived near her house and wanted to marry him, but Verma was against it as the boy was from another caste.
Jyoti had decided to elope last night, but her father learnt about her plant and tried to stop her.
She, however, refused to change her mind, and a furious Verma strangulated her, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?