Dishonour killing: Man kills daughter in Indore
Indore: In a case of dishonour killing, a man allegedly killed his 19-year-old daughter here for having an affair with a boy from another caste.
Shivnarayan Verma (45), a resident of Pardeshipura area, strangulated his daughter Jyoti late Saturday night, police said on Sunday.
Afterwards, he himself went to the police station and confessed about the act.
The girl was in love with a boy who lived near her house and wanted to marry him, but Verma was against it as the boy was from another caste.
Jyoti had decided to elope last night, but her father learnt about her plant and tried to stop her.
She, however, refused to change her mind, and a furious Verma strangulated her, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report