Doctor arrested for molesting minor girl in MP
Raisen: A private doctor was on Monday arrested for allegedly molesting a minor girl inside his clinic here, police sources said.
The seven-year-old victim, who was ill, went to the clinic of Virendra Jain in New Market area along with her mother, they said.
The doctor asked her mother to wait outside and took the girl on the backside of the clinic where he allegedly molested her, the sources said.
The girl, after reaching home, narrated the incident to her mother, who informed her husband and went to the Kotwali police station to file a complaint against the doctor, the sources said.
The police station in-charge initially refused to entertain the complaint, but relented following intervention by senior police officers and protest staged by some local RSS workers, they said.
An FIR was filed against Jain and he was arrested. The doctor was later produced in a local court which sent him in judicial custody, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid