Doctor arrested for molesting minor girl in MP
Raisen: A private doctor was on Monday arrested for allegedly molesting a minor girl inside his clinic here, police sources said.
The seven-year-old victim, who was ill, went to the clinic of Virendra Jain in New Market area along with her mother, they said.
The doctor asked her mother to wait outside and took the girl on the backside of the clinic where he allegedly molested her, the sources said.
The girl, after reaching home, narrated the incident to her mother, who informed her husband and went to the Kotwali police station to file a complaint against the doctor, the sources said.
The police station in-charge initially refused to entertain the complaint, but relented following intervention by senior police officers and protest staged by some local RSS workers, they said.
An FIR was filed against Jain and he was arrested. The doctor was later produced in a local court which sent him in judicial custody, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Kevin Magnussen taken to hospital for checks after crash at Belgian Grand Prix
- Study Constitution well, understand democratic process: President to law students
- Belgian Grand Prix: Nico Rosberg cruises to victory at Spa, Lewis Hamilton third
- 60 Taliban militants killed in Afghanistan battle
- Myanmar President visits Taj Mahal