Doctor arrested for molesting minor girl in MP
Raisen: A private doctor was on Monday arrested for allegedly molesting a minor girl inside his clinic here, police sources said.
The seven-year-old victim, who was ill, went to the clinic of Virendra Jain in New Market area along with her mother, they said.
The doctor asked her mother to wait outside and took the girl on the backside of the clinic where he allegedly molested her, the sources said.
The girl, after reaching home, narrated the incident to her mother, who informed her husband and went to the Kotwali police station to file a complaint against the doctor, the sources said.
The police station in-charge initially refused to entertain the complaint, but relented following intervention by senior police officers and protest staged by some local RSS workers, they said.
An FIR was filed against Jain and he was arrested. The doctor was later produced in a local court which sent him in judicial custody, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof