Doctor convicted for laxity in treatment
Indore: A doctor of a private hospital was
today convicted to undergo three months imprisonment and pay a
fine of Rs 1000 after he was found guilty of being lax in
treating a woman, who died 13 years back.
Special Judicial Magistrate Shubra Singh convicted Dr
Achal Sipaha under IPC Section 304 A (causing death by
According to the prosecution, Vimla Choubey - a patient
suffering from a kidney problem was admitted in T Choithram
Hospital where she died on September 11, 1996 during
The causes for her death was probed by a team of doctors
and police which found that she died due to negligence.
Choubey was being treated under the supervision of Dr Sipaha
in the hospital.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed