Doctor convicted for laxity in treatment
Indore: A doctor of a private hospital was
today convicted to undergo three months imprisonment and pay a
fine of Rs 1000 after he was found guilty of being lax in
treating a woman, who died 13 years back.
Special Judicial Magistrate Shubra Singh convicted Dr
Achal Sipaha under IPC Section 304 A (causing death by
According to the prosecution, Vimla Choubey - a patient
suffering from a kidney problem was admitted in T Choithram
Hospital where she died on September 11, 1996 during
The causes for her death was probed by a team of doctors
and police which found that she died due to negligence.
Choubey was being treated under the supervision of Dr Sipaha
in the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi