Doctor tests positive for swine flu in Bhopal
Bhopal: A lady doctor in Indore was on Sunday tested positive for H1N1 virus, authorities said.
Nineteen persons have died of swine flu in Madhya Pradesh so far this year.
In the state capital alone, the infection has claimed 10 lives.
Indore, Ujjain and Gwalior account for six, two and one deaths respectively, sources said.
The 53-year old doctor, who tested positive on Sunday, was admitted to a private hospital for treatment, said Dr GL Sodhi, district in-charge of Integrated Disease Surveillance Project.
It was not clear yet how she could have contracted the infection, Dr Sodhi said.
Over a hundred persons have tested positive for swine flu in the state as of now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you