Doctor tests positive for swine flu in Bhopal
Bhopal: A lady doctor in Indore was on Sunday tested positive for H1N1 virus, authorities said.
Nineteen persons have died of swine flu in Madhya Pradesh so far this year.
In the state capital alone, the infection has claimed 10 lives.
Indore, Ujjain and Gwalior account for six, two and one deaths respectively, sources said.
The 53-year old doctor, who tested positive on Sunday, was admitted to a private hospital for treatment, said Dr GL Sodhi, district in-charge of Integrated Disease Surveillance Project.
It was not clear yet how she could have contracted the infection, Dr Sodhi said.
Over a hundred persons have tested positive for swine flu in the state as of now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?