Dowry case: Court rejects anticipatory bail plea of IG, wife
Bhopal: A local court has rejected anticipatory bail application of Inspector General of Police Ajit Kumar Shrivastava and his wife in a dowry case filed by their daughter-in-law.
Additional District and Sessions court judge Shailendra Shukla rejected their application yesterday saying Shrivastava was a top police officer and at a time when investigations into the case were at a preliminary stage, a bail will not be appropriate.
According to prosecution, Shrivastava and his wife Manjulata sought anticipatory bail after a dowry case was registered against them by their daughter-in-law Namrata.
Namrata, who tied the knot with Shrivastava`s son Abhishek on April 18, 2008, had lodged a complaint against him, his parents and her sister-in-law Apurva in the Mahila Police Station here last month for demanding a dowry of Rs 30 lakh and harassing her when their demand was not fulfilled.
After investigating her complaint, a case was registered against the Shrivastavas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi