Dowry case: Court rejects anticipatory bail plea of IG, wife
Bhopal: A local court has rejected anticipatory bail application of Inspector General of Police Ajit Kumar Shrivastava and his wife in a dowry case filed by their daughter-in-law.
Additional District and Sessions court judge Shailendra Shukla rejected their application yesterday saying Shrivastava was a top police officer and at a time when investigations into the case were at a preliminary stage, a bail will not be appropriate.
According to prosecution, Shrivastava and his wife Manjulata sought anticipatory bail after a dowry case was registered against them by their daughter-in-law Namrata.
Namrata, who tied the knot with Shrivastava`s son Abhishek on April 18, 2008, had lodged a complaint against him, his parents and her sister-in-law Apurva in the Mahila Police Station here last month for demanding a dowry of Rs 30 lakh and harassing her when their demand was not fulfilled.
After investigating her complaint, a case was registered against the Shrivastavas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port