DRDE scientist escapes human sacrifice attempt
Gwalior: A junior scientist of Defence
Research and Development Establishment (DRDE) here escaped
unhurt when two of his senior colleagues allegedly tried to
kill him in the name of "human sacrifice", police said on Saturday.
Scientist Sushil Kumar Mishra`s wife Shridha lodged a
complaint yesterday alleging that two senior scientists of
DRDE tried to kill her husband in the name of human sacrifice
three days ago, a police officer said.
According to Shridha, senior scientist M Kameshwar Rao
rang up her husband and called him to his place at the DRDE`s
Raksha Vihar colony in the night of October 6, saying he was
not feeling well. When Sharma reached Rao`s residence, he saw
another scientist A S S V Bhaskar worshipping. Bhaskar asked
Sharma to wait for a while, Additional Superintendent of
Police (West Region) Manohar Verma told agency.
"While waiting, Sharma dozed off and woke up when water
was sprinkled over him. He got panicked when two of his
seniors holding sharp-edged weapons drew closer to him
reciting some mantras", the ASP said quoting Shridha`s
Sharma managed to escape after he raised an alarm and the
colony`s watchman came, the complaint said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India