Durgesh Jat murder: MP HC issues notices to BJP MLA, CBI
Harda: The Madhya Pradesh High Court has issued notices to BJP MLA Kamal Patel as well as the CBI in connection with Durgesh Jat murder case.
The notices were issued yesterday by Justice M S Siddiqui while hearing a petition filed by victim`s father Ramvilas Jat, challenging Patel`s acquittal in the case by Harda sessions court.
The high court also ordered Harda SP to serve them the notices.
Patel, an MLA from Harda and former state minister, was acquitted in the case by Harda sessions court on July 20 last year.
Durgesh was killed under mysterious circumstances following a shootout at a farm house in Harda in March 2008 and CBI had been handed over the case on the order of Madhya Pradesh High Court, following a petition filed by Ramvilas.
After the investigation, CBI had charged Patel and his family members with murdering Durgesh and later destroying the evidences.
Patel was put in jail for nearly four months before the Harda court acquitted him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read