Durgesh Jat murder: MP HC issues notices to BJP MLA, CBI
Harda: The Madhya Pradesh High Court has issued notices to BJP MLA Kamal Patel as well as the CBI in connection with Durgesh Jat murder case.
The notices were issued yesterday by Justice M S Siddiqui while hearing a petition filed by victim`s father Ramvilas Jat, challenging Patel`s acquittal in the case by Harda sessions court.
The high court also ordered Harda SP to serve them the notices.
Patel, an MLA from Harda and former state minister, was acquitted in the case by Harda sessions court on July 20 last year.
Durgesh was killed under mysterious circumstances following a shootout at a farm house in Harda in March 2008 and CBI had been handed over the case on the order of Madhya Pradesh High Court, following a petition filed by Ramvilas.
After the investigation, CBI had charged Patel and his family members with murdering Durgesh and later destroying the evidences.
Patel was put in jail for nearly four months before the Harda court acquitted him.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India