Durgesh Jat murder: MP HC issues notices to BJP MLA, CBI
Harda: The Madhya Pradesh High Court has issued notices to BJP MLA Kamal Patel as well as the CBI in connection with Durgesh Jat murder case.
The notices were issued yesterday by Justice M S Siddiqui while hearing a petition filed by victim`s father Ramvilas Jat, challenging Patel`s acquittal in the case by Harda sessions court.
The high court also ordered Harda SP to serve them the notices.
Patel, an MLA from Harda and former state minister, was acquitted in the case by Harda sessions court on July 20 last year.
Durgesh was killed under mysterious circumstances following a shootout at a farm house in Harda in March 2008 and CBI had been handed over the case on the order of Madhya Pradesh High Court, following a petition filed by Ramvilas.
After the investigation, CBI had charged Patel and his family members with murdering Durgesh and later destroying the evidences.
Patel was put in jail for nearly four months before the Harda court acquitted him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli