Durgesh Jat murder: MP HC issues notices to BJP MLA, CBI
Harda: The Madhya Pradesh High Court has issued notices to BJP MLA Kamal Patel as well as the CBI in connection with Durgesh Jat murder case.
The notices were issued yesterday by Justice M S Siddiqui while hearing a petition filed by victim`s father Ramvilas Jat, challenging Patel`s acquittal in the case by Harda sessions court.
The high court also ordered Harda SP to serve them the notices.
Patel, an MLA from Harda and former state minister, was acquitted in the case by Harda sessions court on July 20 last year.
Durgesh was killed under mysterious circumstances following a shootout at a farm house in Harda in March 2008 and CBI had been handed over the case on the order of Madhya Pradesh High Court, following a petition filed by Ramvilas.
After the investigation, CBI had charged Patel and his family members with murdering Durgesh and later destroying the evidences.
Patel was put in jail for nearly four months before the Harda court acquitted him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'