Durgesh Jat murder: MP HC issues notices to BJP MLA, CBI
Harda: The Madhya Pradesh High Court has issued notices to BJP MLA Kamal Patel as well as the CBI in connection with Durgesh Jat murder case.
The notices were issued yesterday by Justice M S Siddiqui while hearing a petition filed by victim`s father Ramvilas Jat, challenging Patel`s acquittal in the case by Harda sessions court.
The high court also ordered Harda SP to serve them the notices.
Patel, an MLA from Harda and former state minister, was acquitted in the case by Harda sessions court on July 20 last year.
Durgesh was killed under mysterious circumstances following a shootout at a farm house in Harda in March 2008 and CBI had been handed over the case on the order of Madhya Pradesh High Court, following a petition filed by Ramvilas.
After the investigation, CBI had charged Patel and his family members with murdering Durgesh and later destroying the evidences.
Patel was put in jail for nearly four months before the Harda court acquitted him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead