EC denies permission for Uma`s Chattarpur, Ratnagarh visit
Bhopal: BJP Vice-President Uma Bharti on Monday said she was denied permission by the Election Commission to visit Chhattarpur and Ratangarh, where a temple stampede left 115 people dead.
Bharti told a news agency that the Election Commission`s decision was conveyed to her by the collectors of Chhattarpur and Datia districts in their capacity as returning officers, last evening when she reached there.
The senior leader said that she wanted to visit Chhattarpur in connection with a Dushera programme and wished to go to Ratangarh to see the stampede site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city