EC notice to MP Cabinet Minister for paid news
New Delhi: The Election Commission has issued a showcause notice for disqualification to Madhya Pradesh minister Narottam Mishra on alleged charges of incorrect statement of election expenditure incurred on news items in four dailies.
EC sources said explanation has been sought from Mishra, a Cabinet Minister for Public Health and Family Welfare, Housing, Parliamentary Affairs and Law, for expenses made by him during the 2008 Assembly elections.
The EC had conducted an investigation in this case after the losing candidate petitioned the Commission in this regard, and the EC found that articles related to Mishra had appeared in four newspapers of the state which were not a true account of his expenses, they said.
Mishra is an MLA from Datia.
The EC, in 2011, had disqualified a woman MLA from Uttar Pradesh under the provisions of the Representation of the People Act and the `paid news` syndrome category.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das