EC notice to MP Cabinet Minister for paid news
New Delhi: The Election Commission has issued a showcause notice for disqualification to Madhya Pradesh minister Narottam Mishra on alleged charges of incorrect statement of election expenditure incurred on news items in four dailies.
EC sources said explanation has been sought from Mishra, a Cabinet Minister for Public Health and Family Welfare, Housing, Parliamentary Affairs and Law, for expenses made by him during the 2008 Assembly elections.
The EC had conducted an investigation in this case after the losing candidate petitioned the Commission in this regard, and the EC found that articles related to Mishra had appeared in four newspapers of the state which were not a true account of his expenses, they said.
Mishra is an MLA from Datia.
The EC, in 2011, had disqualified a woman MLA from Uttar Pradesh under the provisions of the Representation of the People Act and the `paid news` syndrome category.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Memorial for India's 'missile man': Naidu, Parrikar unveil statue of APJ Abdul Kalam in Rameswaram
- Aamir Khan turns host for team 'Dangal'!
- No curfew in Srinagar, continues in south Kashmir
- Cockroach milk – The next big 'superfood' and a fantastic protein supplement?
- NASA explains the case of Ceres' missing large craters- Watch the video!