ED files case in Suganidevi land scam in Indore
Indore: Enforcement Directorate has filed a case here against a BJP MLA and three partners of of a company in connection with the Suganidevi land scam which allegedly caused a loss of Rs 2.5 crore to Indore Municipal Corporation, official sources said on Wednesday.
An enforcement case information report (ECIR) was filed against Ramesh Mendola and partners of Dhanlakshmi Chemical Ltd -- Manish Singhvi, Vijay Kothari and Nagin Bhai Kothari -- under section 4 of Prevention of Money Laundering Act, sources told PTI.
The investigation began this morning and letters were being issued to Superintendent of Police-Lokayukta, Commissioner of Indore Municipal Corporation (IMC) and concerned parties, they said.
ED sources said since the case was first registered by the Lokayukta police here, the ED took it up on its own, in view of the importance of the matter in which financial loss was caused to the IMC and others.
Three acres of land attached with the Sugani Devi Girls college was given on lease to Dhan Laxmi Chemical Co. In 1980.
When Vijayvergiya was Indore Mayor, and Ramesh Mendola was corporator in 2002, the said land was allegedly bought by Nanda Nagar Cooperative Society in which Vijayvergiya was a member and his wife was president.
Vijayvergiya`s name allegedly figures along with three others accused in the case.
Later, Dhanlaxmi sold a piece of the land to Nanda Nagar Cooperative Society at Rs 1.38 crore and also sold flats in the vicinity close to the Suganidevi college, they said, adding that DCL had violated all norms and regulations of IMC and did not pay diversion fee of Rs 6.50 lakh to IMC.
On a complaint by former Congress leader Suresh Seth, the Indore Lokayukta SP had filed a case under section 120 (B) of IPC and section 13 of Prevention of Corruption Act in 2010. They moved the High Court bench in Indore where the case was pending and Lokayukta had sought permission from the state government to file challan against the government and public servants too.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative