ED files case in Suganidevi land scam in Indore
Indore: Enforcement Directorate has filed a case here against a BJP MLA and three partners of of a company in connection with the Suganidevi land scam which allegedly caused a loss of Rs 2.5 crore to Indore Municipal Corporation, official sources said on Wednesday.
An enforcement case information report (ECIR) was filed against Ramesh Mendola and partners of Dhanlakshmi Chemical Ltd -- Manish Singhvi, Vijay Kothari and Nagin Bhai Kothari -- under section 4 of Prevention of Money Laundering Act, sources told PTI.
The investigation began this morning and letters were being issued to Superintendent of Police-Lokayukta, Commissioner of Indore Municipal Corporation (IMC) and concerned parties, they said.
ED sources said since the case was first registered by the Lokayukta police here, the ED took it up on its own, in view of the importance of the matter in which financial loss was caused to the IMC and others.
Three acres of land attached with the Sugani Devi Girls college was given on lease to Dhan Laxmi Chemical Co. In 1980.
When Vijayvergiya was Indore Mayor, and Ramesh Mendola was corporator in 2002, the said land was allegedly bought by Nanda Nagar Cooperative Society in which Vijayvergiya was a member and his wife was president.
Vijayvergiya`s name allegedly figures along with three others accused in the case.
Later, Dhanlaxmi sold a piece of the land to Nanda Nagar Cooperative Society at Rs 1.38 crore and also sold flats in the vicinity close to the Suganidevi college, they said, adding that DCL had violated all norms and regulations of IMC and did not pay diversion fee of Rs 6.50 lakh to IMC.
On a complaint by former Congress leader Suresh Seth, the Indore Lokayukta SP had filed a case under section 120 (B) of IPC and section 13 of Prevention of Corruption Act in 2010. They moved the High Court bench in Indore where the case was pending and Lokayukta had sought permission from the state government to file challan against the government and public servants too.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi