ED to provisionally attach properties of tainted IAS couple in MP
Indore: The Enforcement Directorate (ED) has
decided to provisionally attach the properties of suspended
IAS couple, Arvind and Tinu Joshi, who had allegedly amassed
assets worth Rs 350 crore unlawfully, officials said on Sunday.
The zonal office of ED in Ahmedabad has issued an order
to provisionally attach the huge property of the disgraced IAS
couple, they said.
The ED had registered a case of money laundering against
the IAS couple of 1979 batch in January this year and is
carrying out investigations, the officials said.
Income Tax sleuths had in February, 2010 raided the
places of Arvind and Tinu at Bhopal and unearthed Rs 350 crore
amassed by them by unlawful means.
Subsequently, the state government suspended the IAS
couple and their suspension was recently extended by six
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi