Eight arrested in Betul tribal woman`s murder case
Betul: In a breakthrough in the case of
murder of a tribal woman following her refusal to withdraw
complaint against her daughter`s rapists, police on Wednesday
arrested eight persons.
The arrested persons were identified as Montu alias
Mukesh Yadav, Ramcharan, Rani, Raju Gouli, Bantu Gouli,
Praveen, Rajesh Kirar and Ganesh, said Inspector General (IG)
The woman, Imarti Bai, was shot dead by Montu Yadav as
she refused to withdraw the complaint against his wife and
others in the case.
Yadav told reporters today that he killed Imarti Bai as
she had slandered his wife, Rani, which led to Rani`s arrest.
Another accused, Rajesh, alleged that the rape victim
had earlier demanded Rs two lakh, and when he refused to pay
her, she lodged the rape complaint against him.
The State Government has transferred Betul SP, B S
Chouhan, while SC/ST Police Station In-charge, DSP Satish
Chandra Mishra, Sub-Inspector R Bisare, and Head Constable,
Surendra Shukla have been suspended on the charges of
Imarti Bai had reported to the police that she was being
threatened by the accused and feared for her life, but police
did not intervene. She was shot dead at her house on March 23.
Her daughter had been allegedly abducted and raped on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks