Eight get life term in 2009 murder case
Bhopal: A local court has sentenced eight
persons to life imprisonment for murdering three members of a
family over a minor dispute in 2009.
Additional District and Sessions Jundge Mohammad Yusuf
Ansari pronounced the judgement yesterday on a complaint
lodged by Sunil, a relative of the deceased.
The eight persons who were awarded life term are Deenu
Jatav, Keshav, Sanjay, Ajay, Rakesh, Ramcharan, Kalu and
According to the prosecution, the accused killed Jeevan
Malviya, his wife Sita Bai and their son Raju of Sanjay Nagar
in city`s Shahjanabad locality on May 13, 2009, using
sharp-edged weapons over a dispute of fetching water from a
public tap in front of the deceased`s house.
The accused also attacked Sunil and injured him when
he tried to save his relatives.
Statements of 23 witnesses, including Sunil, who was an
eyewitness to the incident, were registered before the verdict
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren