Eight get life term in 2009 murder case
Bhopal: A local court has sentenced eight
persons to life imprisonment for murdering three members of a
family over a minor dispute in 2009.
Additional District and Sessions Jundge Mohammad Yusuf
Ansari pronounced the judgement yesterday on a complaint
lodged by Sunil, a relative of the deceased.
The eight persons who were awarded life term are Deenu
Jatav, Keshav, Sanjay, Ajay, Rakesh, Ramcharan, Kalu and
According to the prosecution, the accused killed Jeevan
Malviya, his wife Sita Bai and their son Raju of Sanjay Nagar
in city`s Shahjanabad locality on May 13, 2009, using
sharp-edged weapons over a dispute of fetching water from a
public tap in front of the deceased`s house.
The accused also attacked Sunil and injured him when
he tried to save his relatives.
Statements of 23 witnesses, including Sunil, who was an
eyewitness to the incident, were registered before the verdict
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'