Eight killed as jeep on way to Kumbh Mela falls in gorge
Chhattarpur(MP): Eight persons including five women were killed and six others injured today when the vehicle in which they were travelling, fell in a deep gorge here, police said.
The victims belonged to the Tevtha and the Kakroda villages of Vidisha district and were on their way to Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh for the Kumbh Mela there.
The accident occurred when the driver of the vehicle lost control on NH-86 near a culvert under the jurisdiction of Gulganj police station in Chhattarpur district and fell in the gorge, police said.
The deceased were identified as Julfa Bai, Kapoori Bai, Chanda Bai, Ram Pyari, Bhuri Bai, Babu Lal, Narayan Singh and Phool Singh, police said adding that their age could not ascertained.
The injured were admitted to Chhattarpur and Bada Malhera government hospitals, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid