Eight killed as jeep on way to Kumbh Mela falls in gorge
Chhattarpur(MP): Eight persons including five women were killed and six others injured today when the vehicle in which they were travelling, fell in a deep gorge here, police said.
The victims belonged to the Tevtha and the Kakroda villages of Vidisha district and were on their way to Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh for the Kumbh Mela there.
The accident occurred when the driver of the vehicle lost control on NH-86 near a culvert under the jurisdiction of Gulganj police station in Chhattarpur district and fell in the gorge, police said.
The deceased were identified as Julfa Bai, Kapoori Bai, Chanda Bai, Ram Pyari, Bhuri Bai, Babu Lal, Narayan Singh and Phool Singh, police said adding that their age could not ascertained.
The injured were admitted to Chhattarpur and Bada Malhera government hospitals, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'