Eight killed as jeep on way to Kumbh Mela falls in gorge
Chhattarpur(MP): Eight persons including five women were killed and six others injured today when the vehicle in which they were travelling, fell in a deep gorge here, police said.
The victims belonged to the Tevtha and the Kakroda villages of Vidisha district and were on their way to Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh for the Kumbh Mela there.
The accident occurred when the driver of the vehicle lost control on NH-86 near a culvert under the jurisdiction of Gulganj police station in Chhattarpur district and fell in the gorge, police said.
The deceased were identified as Julfa Bai, Kapoori Bai, Chanda Bai, Ram Pyari, Bhuri Bai, Babu Lal, Narayan Singh and Phool Singh, police said adding that their age could not ascertained.
The injured were admitted to Chhattarpur and Bada Malhera government hospitals, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra