Eight killed as jeep on way to Kumbh Mela falls in gorge
Chhattarpur(MP): Eight persons including five women were killed and six others injured today when the vehicle in which they were travelling, fell in a deep gorge here, police said.
The victims belonged to the Tevtha and the Kakroda villages of Vidisha district and were on their way to Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh for the Kumbh Mela there.
The accident occurred when the driver of the vehicle lost control on NH-86 near a culvert under the jurisdiction of Gulganj police station in Chhattarpur district and fell in the gorge, police said.
The deceased were identified as Julfa Bai, Kapoori Bai, Chanda Bai, Ram Pyari, Bhuri Bai, Babu Lal, Narayan Singh and Phool Singh, police said adding that their age could not ascertained.
The injured were admitted to Chhattarpur and Bada Malhera government hospitals, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read