Eight killed as jeep on way to Kumbh Mela falls in gorge
Chhattarpur(MP): Eight persons including five women were killed and six others injured today when the vehicle in which they were travelling, fell in a deep gorge here, police said.
The victims belonged to the Tevtha and the Kakroda villages of Vidisha district and were on their way to Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh for the Kumbh Mela there.
The accident occurred when the driver of the vehicle lost control on NH-86 near a culvert under the jurisdiction of Gulganj police station in Chhattarpur district and fell in the gorge, police said.
The deceased were identified as Julfa Bai, Kapoori Bai, Chanda Bai, Ram Pyari, Bhuri Bai, Babu Lal, Narayan Singh and Phool Singh, police said adding that their age could not ascertained.
The injured were admitted to Chhattarpur and Bada Malhera government hospitals, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away in Chennai after suffering cardiac arrest; PM Modi pays tribute to Tamil Nadu CM
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what