Elections for MP BJP chief to be held on Dec 16
Bhopal: The election to choose the next president for the Madhya Pradesh BJP would be held at the party office here on December 16.
BJP sources said it was most probable that the present incumbent, Prabhat Jha who completes his first tenure would be re-elected unanimously to the post.
The post of the State BJP president acquires significance as he would be the head of the party at the time of next year`s assembly elections.
BJP national spokesman, Ravi Shankar Prasad will be the Chief Electoral Officer for the elections and he will arrive here on December 15.
Nominations for the election can be filed from 1600 hours on December 15 to 1000 hours the next day.
Asked about the election, Prabhat told reporters that it was a mere formality and he was confident that he would be re-elected.
BJP sources said that if someone else apart from Prabhat filed his nomination papers only then an election would be held or else he would be declared elected unanimously.
They said that so far no name has come forward to oppose Prabhat and added that it was unlikely to be heard soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pope denounces Armenian `genocide` in Yerevan visit
- University of Mumbai T.Y.B.Com Semester Six (75:25) Result 2016 declared on mu.ac.in
- Poland National Championships 2016: Quarter-miler Mohd. Anas sets new national record
- NHRC notice to Karnataka over ragging of Dalit student
- Saudi cop shot dead in Shiite district: Ministry