Eleven killed in MP road accident
Dhar: Eleven people, including five children, were on Wednesday killed and 10 others injured, two of them seriously, when a private bus hit a stationary truck at Panchakwasa village near Badnawar, about 60 kms from here.
The mishap occurred when the bus was going to Indore from Ahmedabad, Superintendent of Police, Sushant Saxena said.
The deceased, who have not been identified, include three women and five children. Those injured were rushed to a hospital at Badnawar and two have been referred to Indore in a critical condition, Saxena said.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has directed financial assistance of Rs 1 lakh to family members of the dead, besides free treatment to the injured, District in-charge Minister Mahendra Hardia said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra