Ex-BJP leader`s son, 13 others get double lifer for gang-rape
Indore: The son of a former BJP councillor was among 14 persons sentenced to double life imprisonment by a local court today for gang-rape of two teenage girls at Betma in the district last year.
Of 16 persons accused in the case, two are minors and they are being tried by a juvenile court.
Additional Sessions Judge A K Singh sentenced the 14 accused to double life imprisonment after convicting them under section 376 of IPC (rape) and other related sections on the basis of testimony given by ten witness in the case.
Among the convicted are Vikas Bharti (22), the son of the then BJP councillor of Betma Nagar Panchayat Rajani Bharti. She was expelled from the party after Vikas was arrested in connection with the case.
According to the prosecution, 16 persons had gang-raped two teenage cousins at Betma, about 35 km from here, on February 10 last year.
Prosecution lawyer Jyoti Tomar said the accused had also made an MMS clip of the crime to blackmail the victims and threatened to murder their family members if they disclosed the matter to anyone.
However, the girls confided in their family members and a case was registered against the accused on February 18 last year, Tomar said.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Shocking: Malaika Arora no more a 'Khan' after separation from husband Arbaaz?
- NSA Doval involved in toppling Arunachal, Uttarakhand govts: Kishore Upadhyay
- Indian Premier League 2016, Match 32: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Kings XI Punjab — As it happened...
- Non-veg food banned in Lucknow University campus, students term the decision as 'anti-Dalit'
- When Sachin Tendulkar's run-out against Pakistan triggered huge riot