Ex-MP minister Raghavji seeks med examination by special board
Bhopal: Disgraced former Madhya Pradesh minister Raghavji, in custody on the charge of sodomising his domestic help, on Monday demanded constitution of a medical board to examine him afresh while challenging a police report that declared him "medically fit".
The octogenarian BJP leader was sacked as finance minister after his servant Rajkumar Dangi accused him of subjecting him to unnatural sex.
Chief judicial magistrate Sanjay Pandey also extended till August 5 the judicial remand of Raghavji who did not appear in court citing ill health.
Raghavji challenged through his advocate the medical report submitted by police at the time of his arrest on July 9. The report had described Raghavji medically fit.
Demanding setting up of a medical board to conduct his medical examination afresh, Raghavji said since he was suffering from diabetes, high blood pressure and other ailments for a long time, he was unable to indulge in sexual acts.
The court directed the prosecution to submit its reply by July 26. Raghavji`s bail application is pending before the Madhya Pradesh High Court which is likely to hear it on August 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO