Ex-MP minister Raghavji seeks med examination by special board
Bhopal: Disgraced former Madhya Pradesh minister Raghavji, in custody on the charge of sodomising his domestic help, on Monday demanded constitution of a medical board to examine him afresh while challenging a police report that declared him "medically fit".
The octogenarian BJP leader was sacked as finance minister after his servant Rajkumar Dangi accused him of subjecting him to unnatural sex.
Chief judicial magistrate Sanjay Pandey also extended till August 5 the judicial remand of Raghavji who did not appear in court citing ill health.
Raghavji challenged through his advocate the medical report submitted by police at the time of his arrest on July 9. The report had described Raghavji medically fit.
Demanding setting up of a medical board to conduct his medical examination afresh, Raghavji said since he was suffering from diabetes, high blood pressure and other ailments for a long time, he was unable to indulge in sexual acts.
The court directed the prosecution to submit its reply by July 26. Raghavji`s bail application is pending before the Madhya Pradesh High Court which is likely to hear it on August 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- I wanted to represent India at Cannes red carpet: Sonam Kapoor
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 declared: Check gbshse.gov.in, goaresults.nic.in to know your score
- Gold price slumps by Rs 370 to 6-week low of Rs 29,200 per ten grams
- Music companies give commercial songs to their artists: Sonu Nigam
- Childhood fitness cuts heart disease risks in adulthood