Ex-MP minister Raghavji seeks med examination by special board
Bhopal: Disgraced former Madhya Pradesh minister Raghavji, in custody on the charge of sodomising his domestic help, on Monday demanded constitution of a medical board to examine him afresh while challenging a police report that declared him "medically fit".
The octogenarian BJP leader was sacked as finance minister after his servant Rajkumar Dangi accused him of subjecting him to unnatural sex.
Chief judicial magistrate Sanjay Pandey also extended till August 5 the judicial remand of Raghavji who did not appear in court citing ill health.
Raghavji challenged through his advocate the medical report submitted by police at the time of his arrest on July 9. The report had described Raghavji medically fit.
Demanding setting up of a medical board to conduct his medical examination afresh, Raghavji said since he was suffering from diabetes, high blood pressure and other ailments for a long time, he was unable to indulge in sexual acts.
The court directed the prosecution to submit its reply by July 26. Raghavji`s bail application is pending before the Madhya Pradesh High Court which is likely to hear it on August 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- First Minister Nicola Sturgeon plans EU future for Scotland after Brexit
- Seven hospitalized in California stabbing at neo-Nazi rally
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal