Fake currency racket busted, 2 held
Ujjain: Two members of an inter-state gang involved in circulating counterfeit currency were arrested and fake notes of face value Rs 40,000 were recovered from their possession, police said here on Saturday.
Shakir and Mohsin alias Ikku were arrested on Friday from Freeganj area, City SP Rajesh Sahay said.
Police seized fake notes of face value Rs 40,000 in denomination of 500 from them, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire