Fake currency racket busted, 2 held
Ujjain: Two members of an inter-state gang involved in circulating counterfeit currency were arrested and fake notes of face value Rs 40,000 were recovered from their possession, police said here on Saturday.
Shakir and Mohsin alias Ikku were arrested on Friday from Freeganj area, City SP Rajesh Sahay said.
Police seized fake notes of face value Rs 40,000 in denomination of 500 from them, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Congress rushes in defence of 'sidelined' AAP Punjab convener
- Bad time continues for banks; Kingfisher Airlines brands auction fails again
- Punjab seeks CBI probe in shooting of RSS leader
- French PM Manuel Valls praises economy, says growth target in reach
- Judges must not hesitate to give severest punishment to rapists: Court