Fake currency racket busted, 2 held
Ujjain: Two members of an inter-state gang involved in circulating counterfeit currency were arrested and fake notes of face value Rs 40,000 were recovered from their possession, police said here on Saturday.
Shakir and Mohsin alias Ikku were arrested on Friday from Freeganj area, City SP Rajesh Sahay said.
Police seized fake notes of face value Rs 40,000 in denomination of 500 from them, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Camera Day: Celebrate the art of photography and go click-happy!