Fake currency racket busted, 2 held
Ujjain: Two members of an inter-state gang involved in circulating counterfeit currency were arrested and fake notes of face value Rs 40,000 were recovered from their possession, police said here on Saturday.
Shakir and Mohsin alias Ikku were arrested on Friday from Freeganj area, City SP Rajesh Sahay said.
Police seized fake notes of face value Rs 40,000 in denomination of 500 from them, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!