Fake `friendship club` busted in Bhopal
Bhopal: With help from two young women, he promised men a great time if they joined his `friendship club`. It led to easy money. His luck ran out when the police realized what was going on.
Jitendra Parashar, 24 and a final year student at an engineering college in Indore, lured men with an advertisement that said they could earn Rs.10,000 and also "enjoy" the company of "high class females" - if they joined his club.
Son of an aide to a senior police official in Madhya Pradesh, Parashar was assisted in his scheme by two ambitious young women- Leena Singh Gehlot and Maya Mishra.
According to police, the advertisement carried a mobile number. Those who called were asked by the young women to deposit Rs.1,500 in a bank account to become members of the club.
They were again asked to deposit Rs.2,000 in the same account and then wait for a car that would take them to the promised "high class females".
But no pick-up ever came. And the mobile was often found switched off.
Acting on a tip, police busted the racket and found that the trio had been making Rs.1 lakh a month for the last one year.
The police then sent one of their own men and trapped the three.
"The arrests were made Thursday in Indore with the help of a decoy," Deputy Superintendent of Police (Crime) Jitendra Singh said over the telephone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks