Fake `friendship club` busted in Bhopal
Bhopal: With help from two young women, he promised men a great time if they joined his `friendship club`. It led to easy money. His luck ran out when the police realized what was going on.
Jitendra Parashar, 24 and a final year student at an engineering college in Indore, lured men with an advertisement that said they could earn Rs.10,000 and also "enjoy" the company of "high class females" - if they joined his club.
Son of an aide to a senior police official in Madhya Pradesh, Parashar was assisted in his scheme by two ambitious young women- Leena Singh Gehlot and Maya Mishra.
According to police, the advertisement carried a mobile number. Those who called were asked by the young women to deposit Rs.1,500 in a bank account to become members of the club.
They were again asked to deposit Rs.2,000 in the same account and then wait for a car that would take them to the promised "high class females".
But no pick-up ever came. And the mobile was often found switched off.
Acting on a tip, police busted the racket and found that the trio had been making Rs.1 lakh a month for the last one year.
The police then sent one of their own men and trapped the three.
"The arrests were made Thursday in Indore with the help of a decoy," Deputy Superintendent of Police (Crime) Jitendra Singh said over the telephone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!