Fake `friendship club` busted in Bhopal
Bhopal: With help from two young women, he promised men a great time if they joined his `friendship club`. It led to easy money. His luck ran out when the police realized what was going on.
Jitendra Parashar, 24 and a final year student at an engineering college in Indore, lured men with an advertisement that said they could earn Rs.10,000 and also "enjoy" the company of "high class females" - if they joined his club.
Son of an aide to a senior police official in Madhya Pradesh, Parashar was assisted in his scheme by two ambitious young women- Leena Singh Gehlot and Maya Mishra.
According to police, the advertisement carried a mobile number. Those who called were asked by the young women to deposit Rs.1,500 in a bank account to become members of the club.
They were again asked to deposit Rs.2,000 in the same account and then wait for a car that would take them to the promised "high class females".
But no pick-up ever came. And the mobile was often found switched off.
Acting on a tip, police busted the racket and found that the trio had been making Rs.1 lakh a month for the last one year.
The police then sent one of their own men and trapped the three.
"The arrests were made Thursday in Indore with the help of a decoy," Deputy Superintendent of Police (Crime) Jitendra Singh said over the telephone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez