Fake mark sheet racket busted in MP; three held
Bhopal: Three persons, including two senior education officials, were arrested in connection with an alleged fake mark sheet racket here, police said today.
Madhya Pradesh state open school director Rajendra Prasad, its assistant director Rajesh Upadhayay and one other person, Devendra Gupta from Indore, were arrested yesterday in connection with the racket which came to light some time back, they said.
The director allegedly tried to destroy certain documents in his office, but his action was caught in a CCTV.
When sleuths of state police`s special task force confronted him with the CCTV footage, he broke down yesterday following which he was arrested.
A couple of days back, four persons were arrested for allegedly forging mark sheets and hundreds of such documents and migration certificates were recovered from them.
The four included three directors of various schools, identified as Kaushal Saraswat, Ashok Gupta and Akhilesh Chouhan, and a computer operator - Pradeep Bairagi.
Hundreds of mark sheets, migration certificates and other documents were recovered from them.
They used to look for vulnerable students and after taking a huge amount from them, they would provide them fake mark sheets through senior officials, police said.
Based on the information gathered from these four persons, the three arrests were made yesterday.
Further investigation was on in the matter, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- IIT-Guwahati student develops a mobile app to monitor indoor air quality
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list