Fake notes seized in Shajapur; three booked
Shajapur (MP): Fake notes with a face value of Rs 21,000 were seized by the Madhya Pradesh Police from a nationalised bank.
Pushkar Lal Kaljoriya of Shahajpur came to the State Bank of India here yesterday for depositing Rs 1.5 lakh, Shajapur Sub Divisional Office of Police (SDOP), Ravi Atroliya said today.
During counting, the cashier found 21 notes in the denomination of 1,000 as counterfeit and informed the branch manager about it, Atroliya said.
The notes were re-checked and after confirmation that they were fake, the bank official called the police following which a case was registered against three persons including Pushkar, Raju Mansoori and Rafiq, police said.
Further investigation into the matter was on, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'