Fake notes seized in Shajapur; three booked
Shajapur (MP): Fake notes with a face value of Rs 21,000 were seized by the Madhya Pradesh Police from a nationalised bank.
Pushkar Lal Kaljoriya of Shahajpur came to the State Bank of India here yesterday for depositing Rs 1.5 lakh, Shajapur Sub Divisional Office of Police (SDOP), Ravi Atroliya said today.
During counting, the cashier found 21 notes in the denomination of 1,000 as counterfeit and informed the branch manager about it, Atroliya said.
The notes were re-checked and after confirmation that they were fake, the bank official called the police following which a case was registered against three persons including Pushkar, Raju Mansoori and Rafiq, police said.
Further investigation into the matter was on, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'DDLJ' is Bollywood's most evergreen love story: Survey
- Planning to buy stylish shades? Here's your guide to buying perfect sunglasses
- NALCO agrees to buy back 25 percent stake from government: Mines Secretary
- Pakistan drop Ahmed Shehzad, Umar Akmal for England tour
- Protests in Manipur over unsolved murders