Fake notes seized in Shajapur; three booked
Shajapur (MP): Fake notes with a face value of Rs 21,000 were seized by the Madhya Pradesh Police from a nationalised bank.
Pushkar Lal Kaljoriya of Shahajpur came to the State Bank of India here yesterday for depositing Rs 1.5 lakh, Shajapur Sub Divisional Office of Police (SDOP), Ravi Atroliya said today.
During counting, the cashier found 21 notes in the denomination of 1,000 as counterfeit and informed the branch manager about it, Atroliya said.
The notes were re-checked and after confirmation that they were fake, the bank official called the police following which a case was registered against three persons including Pushkar, Raju Mansoori and Rafiq, police said.
Further investigation into the matter was on, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Brexit: Remain or Leave? Results could go down to the wire
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump will not ask donors to repay nearly $50 million in campaign loans
- 78 dead, 500 hurt by storms in eastern China
- Brexit poll: In or out? British bookmakers see more bets placed on Britain staying in European Union
- Day after 30 cows found dead, police chalks out plan to prevent smuggling