Farmer burnt alive by thieves
Khargone: A farmer, who resisted a
group of thieves trying to steal his cotton crop, was burnt
alive by them at Gandhawad village here, police said on Wednesday.
Kailash Patidar, who went to irrigate his crop last
night, was set afire by the thieves after pouring kerosene on
him, Superintendent of Police S P Singh said.
The thieves killed him after he confronted them on the
field, the SP said.
A total of 12 persons have detained and are being
interrogated, Singh said, adding a case has been registered
against four persons.
The body has been handed over to the family members after
post-mortem, the SP said, adding further investigations are
The deceased`s father Shobha Ram said his son did not
have enmity with anybody.
Local MLA Balkrishna Patidar met the family members of
the deceased and demanded financial assistance of Rs one lakh
to the family from the Madhya Pradesh government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr