Farmer burnt alive by thieves
Khargone: A farmer, who resisted a
group of thieves trying to steal his cotton crop, was burnt
alive by them at Gandhawad village here, police said on Wednesday.
Kailash Patidar, who went to irrigate his crop last
night, was set afire by the thieves after pouring kerosene on
him, Superintendent of Police S P Singh said.
The thieves killed him after he confronted them on the
field, the SP said.
A total of 12 persons have detained and are being
interrogated, Singh said, adding a case has been registered
against four persons.
The body has been handed over to the family members after
post-mortem, the SP said, adding further investigations are
The deceased`s father Shobha Ram said his son did not
have enmity with anybody.
Local MLA Balkrishna Patidar met the family members of
the deceased and demanded financial assistance of Rs one lakh
to the family from the Madhya Pradesh government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!