Farmer suicides: Bhuria flays MP min for "past sins" remarks
Badwani: Union Tribal Affairs Minister
Kantilal Bhuria has criticised the remarks made by Madhya
Pradesh Agriculture Minister Ram Krishna Kusumaria that past
sins are responsible for increasing farmer suicides in the
"Kusumuria`s irresponsible statement shows the mentality
of the Madhya Pradesh government towards farmers," Bhuria told
reporters yesterday at Merkhedi village here.
Instead of making such statements, the state government
should honestly work for improvement in education, health and
law and order sectors, he said.
Kusumaria had reportedly said that its their past sins
and actions-- involving overuse of chemicals that decreased
the fertility of land over the years--that are driving farmers
to commit suicide.
More than seven farmers have ended their life in less
than a month in Madhya Pradesh and most of the cases have been
reported from Damoh, which incidentally happens to be
Kusumaria`s home district.
The Central minister was here to attend the two-day 18th
Akhil Bharatiya Adivasi Sanskritik Mahasammelan, organised by
the Adivasi Ekta Parishad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack