Farmer suicides: Bhuria flays MP min for "past sins" remarks
Badwani: Union Tribal Affairs Minister
Kantilal Bhuria has criticised the remarks made by Madhya
Pradesh Agriculture Minister Ram Krishna Kusumaria that past
sins are responsible for increasing farmer suicides in the
"Kusumuria`s irresponsible statement shows the mentality
of the Madhya Pradesh government towards farmers," Bhuria told
reporters yesterday at Merkhedi village here.
Instead of making such statements, the state government
should honestly work for improvement in education, health and
law and order sectors, he said.
Kusumaria had reportedly said that its their past sins
and actions-- involving overuse of chemicals that decreased
the fertility of land over the years--that are driving farmers
to commit suicide.
More than seven farmers have ended their life in less
than a month in Madhya Pradesh and most of the cases have been
reported from Damoh, which incidentally happens to be
Kusumaria`s home district.
The Central minister was here to attend the two-day 18th
Akhil Bharatiya Adivasi Sanskritik Mahasammelan, organised by
the Adivasi Ekta Parishad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!