Farmer suicides: Bhuria flays MP min for "past sins" remarks
Badwani: Union Tribal Affairs Minister
Kantilal Bhuria has criticised the remarks made by Madhya
Pradesh Agriculture Minister Ram Krishna Kusumaria that past
sins are responsible for increasing farmer suicides in the
"Kusumuria`s irresponsible statement shows the mentality
of the Madhya Pradesh government towards farmers," Bhuria told
reporters yesterday at Merkhedi village here.
Instead of making such statements, the state government
should honestly work for improvement in education, health and
law and order sectors, he said.
Kusumaria had reportedly said that its their past sins
and actions-- involving overuse of chemicals that decreased
the fertility of land over the years--that are driving farmers
to commit suicide.
More than seven farmers have ended their life in less
than a month in Madhya Pradesh and most of the cases have been
reported from Damoh, which incidentally happens to be
Kusumaria`s home district.
The Central minister was here to attend the two-day 18th
Akhil Bharatiya Adivasi Sanskritik Mahasammelan, organised by
the Adivasi Ekta Parishad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog