Farmer suicides: Bhuria flays MP min for "past sins" remarks
Badwani: Union Tribal Affairs Minister
Kantilal Bhuria has criticised the remarks made by Madhya
Pradesh Agriculture Minister Ram Krishna Kusumaria that past
sins are responsible for increasing farmer suicides in the
"Kusumuria`s irresponsible statement shows the mentality
of the Madhya Pradesh government towards farmers," Bhuria told
reporters yesterday at Merkhedi village here.
Instead of making such statements, the state government
should honestly work for improvement in education, health and
law and order sectors, he said.
Kusumaria had reportedly said that its their past sins
and actions-- involving overuse of chemicals that decreased
the fertility of land over the years--that are driving farmers
to commit suicide.
More than seven farmers have ended their life in less
than a month in Madhya Pradesh and most of the cases have been
reported from Damoh, which incidentally happens to be
Kusumaria`s home district.
The Central minister was here to attend the two-day 18th
Akhil Bharatiya Adivasi Sanskritik Mahasammelan, organised by
the Adivasi Ekta Parishad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali