Farmer suicides: Bhuria flays MP min for "past sins" remarks
Badwani: Union Tribal Affairs Minister
Kantilal Bhuria has criticised the remarks made by Madhya
Pradesh Agriculture Minister Ram Krishna Kusumaria that past
sins are responsible for increasing farmer suicides in the
"Kusumuria`s irresponsible statement shows the mentality
of the Madhya Pradesh government towards farmers," Bhuria told
reporters yesterday at Merkhedi village here.
Instead of making such statements, the state government
should honestly work for improvement in education, health and
law and order sectors, he said.
Kusumaria had reportedly said that its their past sins
and actions-- involving overuse of chemicals that decreased
the fertility of land over the years--that are driving farmers
to commit suicide.
More than seven farmers have ended their life in less
than a month in Madhya Pradesh and most of the cases have been
reported from Damoh, which incidentally happens to be
Kusumaria`s home district.
The Central minister was here to attend the two-day 18th
Akhil Bharatiya Adivasi Sanskritik Mahasammelan, organised by
the Adivasi Ekta Parishad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read