Farmers land sold to industry at throwaway prices: Congress
Sidhi (Madhya Pradesh): Congress on Friday accused the BJP government in Madhya Pradesh of being anti-farmer and making available land to industrialists at throwaway rates after acquiring it at very low prices.
"The state government had acquired land from farmers at throwaway prices in Singrauli and distributed it to industrialists," state Congress President Kantilal Bhuria alleged here today.
He was addressing public meetings at various places including Sinhawal, Jamuaar and Hadbado in the district on the second day of the `Parivartan Yatra` organised by the party.
"Go to Singrauli to see what is the pain and sorrow of farmers` displacement," Bhuria said.
He was accompanied by Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh.
Reacting to Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) announcing its candidates for the MP Assembly elections well in advance, he said the party seemed to be in too much of a hurry for polls and so it has declared its candidates seven months before.
Stating that there was still a lot of time for elections, Bhuria said his party would declare its candidate three months in advance and tickets would be given to those who could win.
Ajay recalled the year 1980 when his late father Arjun Singh, who was the Leader of Opposition in the Assembly then, had won all the seats from Sidhi district. He expressed hope that this feat would be repeated in the November elections this year.
Talking to reporters later, Ajay alleged that plots had been alloted at Rohit Nagar Grih Nirman Samiti in Bhopal, under pressure from Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s family members and demanded a CBI inquiry into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note