Farmers land sold to industry at throwaway prices: Congress
Sidhi (Madhya Pradesh): Congress on Friday accused the BJP government in Madhya Pradesh of being anti-farmer and making available land to industrialists at throwaway rates after acquiring it at very low prices.
"The state government had acquired land from farmers at throwaway prices in Singrauli and distributed it to industrialists," state Congress President Kantilal Bhuria alleged here today.
He was addressing public meetings at various places including Sinhawal, Jamuaar and Hadbado in the district on the second day of the `Parivartan Yatra` organised by the party.
"Go to Singrauli to see what is the pain and sorrow of farmers` displacement," Bhuria said.
He was accompanied by Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh.
Reacting to Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) announcing its candidates for the MP Assembly elections well in advance, he said the party seemed to be in too much of a hurry for polls and so it has declared its candidates seven months before.
Stating that there was still a lot of time for elections, Bhuria said his party would declare its candidate three months in advance and tickets would be given to those who could win.
Ajay recalled the year 1980 when his late father Arjun Singh, who was the Leader of Opposition in the Assembly then, had won all the seats from Sidhi district. He expressed hope that this feat would be repeated in the November elections this year.
Talking to reporters later, Ajay alleged that plots had been alloted at Rohit Nagar Grih Nirman Samiti in Bhopal, under pressure from Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s family members and demanded a CBI inquiry into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'