Farmers suicides to figure in MP Assembly session
Bhopal: The budget session of Madhya Pradesh
Legislative Assembly which will begin on Monday is likely to be
stormy, with the Opposition Congress ready to put the state
government on the mat over farmers suicides.
"Thirty-eight farmers have committed suicide after crops
got ruined due to frost and cold wave two months back. The
state government has failed in preventing suicides", deputy
leader of the Opposition, Choudhary Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi, said.
He alleged that the state government announced relief
package of Rs 700 crore, but it benefited wrong people.
"The affected farmers have received only a fraction of
the relief amount", Chaturvedi said.
"We have informed the Assembly about our adjournment
motion over the farmers` suicides", he said.
"We are also going to raise the issue of deteriorating
law and order situation in Madhya Pradesh. Dacoities and
kidnapping are on the rise...Bhopal has become the capital of
these twin crimes as well", he said.
The ninth session of the 13th Legislative Assembly of
Madhya Pradesh will begin on Monday with the Governor Rameshwar
Thakur`s address and will end on April 8. Around 27 sittings
are scheduled to take place.
State Finance Minister Raghavji is expected to present
the budget on February 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic