Farmers suicides to figure in MP Assembly session
Bhopal: The budget session of Madhya Pradesh
Legislative Assembly which will begin on Monday is likely to be
stormy, with the Opposition Congress ready to put the state
government on the mat over farmers suicides.
"Thirty-eight farmers have committed suicide after crops
got ruined due to frost and cold wave two months back. The
state government has failed in preventing suicides", deputy
leader of the Opposition, Choudhary Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi, said.
He alleged that the state government announced relief
package of Rs 700 crore, but it benefited wrong people.
"The affected farmers have received only a fraction of
the relief amount", Chaturvedi said.
"We have informed the Assembly about our adjournment
motion over the farmers` suicides", he said.
"We are also going to raise the issue of deteriorating
law and order situation in Madhya Pradesh. Dacoities and
kidnapping are on the rise...Bhopal has become the capital of
these twin crimes as well", he said.
The ninth session of the 13th Legislative Assembly of
Madhya Pradesh will begin on Monday with the Governor Rameshwar
Thakur`s address and will end on April 8. Around 27 sittings
are scheduled to take place.
State Finance Minister Raghavji is expected to present
the budget on February 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof