‘Farmers won’t bear the brunt of power tariff hike
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
Shivraj Singh Chouhan has said that farmers will be spared of
the burden arising out from hike in the power tariff as the
state government is mulling over raising the current limit of
The state government will extend subsidy to farmers
after the Madhya Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission
(MERC) yesterday revised the tariffs across the board.
The revised rates will come into effect from April 10,
official sources said today.
In the context of hike, Chouhan said his government
was already giving subsidy worth Rs 1400 crores to farmers at
If needed, the state government will raise the quantum
of this subsidy and offset the difference from the state
The MPERC yesterday announced hike in the power
across all categories following which the domestic electricity
bills will go up by 7.17 per cent, while the increase will be
at 6.9 per cent for non-domestic users, 4.68 per cent for
water works, 4.34 for streetlights, 9.1 per cent for
industrial purposes, 6.07 per cent for agriculture (pumps) and
6.54 per cent for agriculture (others).
Under the high tension category, the raise will be at
8.56 per cent for railways, 8.34 per cent for coal mines, 7.94
per cent for industrial use, 7.02 per cent for non-industrial
use, 7.62 per cent for seasonal purposes, 4.65 for irrigation
and 9.78 per cent for bulk residential users, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!