‘FCI team found wheat purchase scam in MP’
Bhopal: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh said on Wednesday that a team of Food Corporation of India (FCI) had found that his claims about wheat purchase scam in Madhya Pradesh were true.
In a statement here, the Congress general secretary said that FCI team had found that in Rajgarh, wheat was purportedly purchased from farmers who had not even sown the crop.
In many cases, on-paper procurement exceeded the total yield from the area, Singh alleged.
Un-irrigated lands were shown as irrigated ones and their wheat yields were inflated, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview