‘FCI team found wheat purchase scam in MP’
Bhopal: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh said on Wednesday that a team of Food Corporation of India (FCI) had found that his claims about wheat purchase scam in Madhya Pradesh were true.
In a statement here, the Congress general secretary said that FCI team had found that in Rajgarh, wheat was purportedly purchased from farmers who had not even sown the crop.
In many cases, on-paper procurement exceeded the total yield from the area, Singh alleged.
Un-irrigated lands were shown as irrigated ones and their wheat yields were inflated, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says