FDI in multi-brand retail is a sin: Uma Bharti
Indore: Condemning the union government`s big bang reforms, senior BJP leader Uma Bharti on Monday alleged that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh allowed Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in multi-brand retail market under international pressures which was a "sin".
"Prime Minister Manmohan Singh allowed effected FDI because his image took a beating internationally. Allowing FDI is a sin," fire brand leader and former MP Chief minister Bharti told reporters here.
She said that it appears that the prime minister has mortgaged the country to multinationals due to international pressure.
"If his image was so bad at the international level, he would have resigned instead of allowing FDI in multi-brand retail. I ask UPA`s alliance partners like Mamata, Mulayam and Mayawati to stop being partners to such policies. Let the government fall and bite the dust. Form a new government," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state