FDI in multi-brand retail is a sin: Uma Bharti
Indore: Condemning the union government`s big bang reforms, senior BJP leader Uma Bharti on Monday alleged that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh allowed Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in multi-brand retail market under international pressures which was a "sin".
"Prime Minister Manmohan Singh allowed effected FDI because his image took a beating internationally. Allowing FDI is a sin," fire brand leader and former MP Chief minister Bharti told reporters here.
She said that it appears that the prime minister has mortgaged the country to multinationals due to international pressure.
"If his image was so bad at the international level, he would have resigned instead of allowing FDI in multi-brand retail. I ask UPA`s alliance partners like Mamata, Mulayam and Mayawati to stop being partners to such policies. Let the government fall and bite the dust. Form a new government," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra rock 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions—Watch video!
- Rajnath Singh to head all-party delegation to Kashmir on September 4
- Could 3D printing save our coral reefs? - Watch
- Ranbir Kapoor has a Bollywood style icon and he is a BIGGIE!
- Yemen suicide bombing: At least 45 dead so far