FDI in multi-brand retail is a sin: Uma Bharti
Indore: Condemning the union government`s big bang reforms, senior BJP leader Uma Bharti on Monday alleged that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh allowed Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in multi-brand retail market under international pressures which was a "sin".
"Prime Minister Manmohan Singh allowed effected FDI because his image took a beating internationally. Allowing FDI is a sin," fire brand leader and former MP Chief minister Bharti told reporters here.
She said that it appears that the prime minister has mortgaged the country to multinationals due to international pressure.
"If his image was so bad at the international level, he would have resigned instead of allowing FDI in multi-brand retail. I ask UPA`s alliance partners like Mamata, Mulayam and Mayawati to stop being partners to such policies. Let the government fall and bite the dust. Form a new government," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof