FDI in multi-brand retail is a sin: Uma Bharti
Indore: Condemning the union government`s big bang reforms, senior BJP leader Uma Bharti on Monday alleged that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh allowed Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in multi-brand retail market under international pressures which was a "sin".
"Prime Minister Manmohan Singh allowed effected FDI because his image took a beating internationally. Allowing FDI is a sin," fire brand leader and former MP Chief minister Bharti told reporters here.
She said that it appears that the prime minister has mortgaged the country to multinationals due to international pressure.
"If his image was so bad at the international level, he would have resigned instead of allowing FDI in multi-brand retail. I ask UPA`s alliance partners like Mamata, Mulayam and Mayawati to stop being partners to such policies. Let the government fall and bite the dust. Form a new government," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons