FIR against Digvijay over Raghavji tweet
Bhopal: An FIR was registered against Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh here on Sunday over a controversial tweet posted by him after the arrest of former BJP Minister Raghavji on sodomy charge.
The FIR was registered in Shahpura Police Station here following a complaint by an RSS worker, Sangeet Verma alleging that the tweet hurt the religious sentiments.
The Congress leader had posted the tweet a few days after Raghavji was arrested following allegation of sexual assault levelled by his servant.
However, following the controversy, Singh had claimed that the post had no connection with the former state Finance Minister.
Singh was booked under section 295 A of the IPC (outraging religious feelings of any class) and sections 66 A, 67 B of the IT ACT, a police official said.
Meanwhile, protesting against the registration of FIR in the matter, Congress workers, led by former MLA P C Sharma gheraoed the Shahpura Police Station.
"Police acted under pressure in registering the FIR in the case, while it hardly files FIR in cases related to dacoity, rape, theft and also delayed in filing report in Raghavji`s case," Sharma alleged.
The Congress leader told PTI from Gandhi Nagar Jail here that after cane-charging the party workers, police took them to prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog