FIR against Digvijay over Raghavji tweet
Bhopal: An FIR was registered against Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh here on Sunday over a controversial tweet posted by him after the arrest of former BJP Minister Raghavji on sodomy charge.
The FIR was registered in Shahpura Police Station here following a complaint by an RSS worker, Sangeet Verma alleging that the tweet hurt the religious sentiments.
The Congress leader had posted the tweet a few days after Raghavji was arrested following allegation of sexual assault levelled by his servant.
However, following the controversy, Singh had claimed that the post had no connection with the former state Finance Minister.
Singh was booked under section 295 A of the IPC (outraging religious feelings of any class) and sections 66 A, 67 B of the IT ACT, a police official said.
Meanwhile, protesting against the registration of FIR in the matter, Congress workers, led by former MLA P C Sharma gheraoed the Shahpura Police Station.
"Police acted under pressure in registering the FIR in the case, while it hardly files FIR in cases related to dacoity, rape, theft and also delayed in filing report in Raghavji`s case," Sharma alleged.
The Congress leader told PTI from Gandhi Nagar Jail here that after cane-charging the party workers, police took them to prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH