FIR lodged against mall outlet for breaching girl`s privacy
Indore: An FIR was lodged today against a grocery outlet located in a mall for insulting and breaching the privacy of a young girl, a senior police official said.
In her FIR lodged with the Vijay Nagar police station this afternoon, Chapla Kumara Bhargava alleged that her daughter, who is a junior level national table tennis player, was forcibly frisked by a woman guard of the Easyday outlet located at Malhar Mall after hearing an alarm (buzzer) while they were making a payment at the counter, the Superintendent of Police (East) O P Tripathi told PTI.
"My girl was taken to a trial room where the woman guard checked her forcing her to remove all her clothes including innerwear to see it she was hiding anything after a suspected theft, as the alarm sounded," Tripathi said, quoting the complainant`s statement.
The complainant also told the police that though nothing was found on her daughter by the security personnel, they misbehaved, insulted and humiliated her, he said.
A case under Sections 504 and 509 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) for insulting a woman and breach of her privacy was lodged against the Easyday staff and its management after preliminary investigation, he said, adding that the police station in-charge of Vijay Nagar will probe the case.
When contacted, Easyday management did not comment on the complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details