Fire at BHEL plant in MP, no casualties reported
Bhopal: A major fire broke out at the Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited`s (BHEL) plant here this morning, a company official said.
The fire started from BHEL`s transformer block number three around 10 AM, spokesperson of the company said.
No casualties or injuries were reported in the incident so far, he said.
Fire tenders from the Bhopal Municipal Corporation, city airport and BHEL`s own fire station were pressed into service and the firefighters managed to control the fire after over an hour.
The cause of the fire is yet to be known, the official said, adding that further investigations were on.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living