Fire engulfs marriage party bus in Madhya Pradesh, five dead
Zee Media Bureau
Bhind: At least five people were burnt to death and several others were injured when a bus carrying members of a marriage party caught fire on Friday night.
Three kids were among the dead, official sources said.
“Bus catches fire in Bhind, Madhya Pradesh, five dead,” said Deputy Inspector General (Chambal Range), DK Arya.
He added, "We have received reports from the spot that five persons -- two men and three children -- were killed when a bus carrying a marriage party came in contact with a high tension line and caught fire."
According to initial reports, a `tremendous fire` engulfed the entire bus after coming into contact with a high tension wire.
The death toll may increase as the bus was carrying nearly 50 people and was totally gutted in the mishap, police officials said.
The marriage party belonged to one Uday Singh Gurjar and the bus was on its way to Arjaria from Baroa village in the district when the tragedy struck.
Those rescued sustained 80-90 percent burns and were sent to a nearby hospital.
"So far, seven persons, who suffered burn injuries, have
been admitted to the district hospital," Arya said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players