Fire erupts in Gwalior Commissioner`s office
Gwalior: A major fire on Thursday broke out at the municipal commissioner`s office, situated in a 142-year-old building here, causing extensive damage to the furniture and files.
The fire broke out at around 10.30 am after the compressor of an air-conditioner burst, official sources said.
As many 19 fire brigade vehicles were pressed into service to douse the flames which were brought under control in about two hours. However, much of the furniture and files inside the office were gutted.
One of the fire brigade personnel suffered minor injuries. Nobody was present in the office when the fire broke out, they said.
Officiating Commissioner and Gwalior Collector P Narhari has ordered a magisterial probe in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends