First flight from Bhopal carrying Haj pilgrims on Sept 17
Bhopal: The first flight from Bhopal to Saudi Arabia for Haj pilgrims will take off from here on September 17.
"A total of five flights will take off from Bhopal`s Raja Bhoj airport to Saudi Arabia for the annual pilgrimage during September 17-21. A total of 1200 pilgrims will fly from here in these flights, each of which will carry 240 pilgrims," Madhya Pradesh Haj Committee chairman Sanawwar Patel said in a press release today.
He said that the Haj Committee of India, along with the officers of the Indian Airlines and Saudi Air Lines, had prepared a schedule to fly pilgrims from the Madhya Pradesh capital.
Patel said that he had not yet received schedule for the Indore embarkation point to carry Haj pilgrims from there after September 21.
"Both the Indian Airlines and Saudi Air Lines have agreed to give better facilities to pilgrims; and cleanliness will also be maintained," the release quoted Patel as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what