First flight from Bhopal carrying Haj pilgrims on Sept 17
Bhopal: The first flight from Bhopal to Saudi Arabia for Haj pilgrims will take off from here on September 17.
"A total of five flights will take off from Bhopal`s Raja Bhoj airport to Saudi Arabia for the annual pilgrimage during September 17-21. A total of 1200 pilgrims will fly from here in these flights, each of which will carry 240 pilgrims," Madhya Pradesh Haj Committee chairman Sanawwar Patel said in a press release today.
He said that the Haj Committee of India, along with the officers of the Indian Airlines and Saudi Air Lines, had prepared a schedule to fly pilgrims from the Madhya Pradesh capital.
Patel said that he had not yet received schedule for the Indore embarkation point to carry Haj pilgrims from there after September 21.
"Both the Indian Airlines and Saudi Air Lines have agreed to give better facilities to pilgrims; and cleanliness will also be maintained," the release quoted Patel as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security