Five held for suspected SIMI links
Bhopal: Five persons, suspected to have SIMI links, were arrested by Madhya Pradesh Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) from Seoni district with a cache of crude bombs and firearms.
Giving this information, police officials said here on Saturday that links of the arrested youths with leaders of the banned Student Islamic Movement of India were being probed.
Those arrested were Azharuddin, Naeem, Kaleem, Afroz and Kaleemuddin, all aged between 20 and 25.
A total of 126 crude bombs, two country-made revolvers, 10 rounds of cartridges and one sword was seized from their possession along with some literature, police said.
The youths were held on the basis of intelligence inputs that they were manufacturing and testing bombs at a barren field in Seoni.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali