Five held for suspected SIMI links
Bhopal: Five persons, suspected to have SIMI links, were arrested by Madhya Pradesh Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) from Seoni district with a cache of crude bombs and firearms.
Giving this information, police officials said here on Saturday that links of the arrested youths with leaders of the banned Student Islamic Movement of India were being probed.
Those arrested were Azharuddin, Naeem, Kaleem, Afroz and Kaleemuddin, all aged between 20 and 25.
A total of 126 crude bombs, two country-made revolvers, 10 rounds of cartridges and one sword was seized from their possession along with some literature, police said.
The youths were held on the basis of intelligence inputs that they were manufacturing and testing bombs at a barren field in Seoni.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past