Five held for suspected SIMI links
Bhopal: Five persons, suspected to have SIMI links, were arrested by Madhya Pradesh Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) from Seoni district with a cache of crude bombs and firearms.
Giving this information, police officials said here on Saturday that links of the arrested youths with leaders of the banned Student Islamic Movement of India were being probed.
Those arrested were Azharuddin, Naeem, Kaleem, Afroz and Kaleemuddin, all aged between 20 and 25.
A total of 126 crude bombs, two country-made revolvers, 10 rounds of cartridges and one sword was seized from their possession along with some literature, police said.
The youths were held on the basis of intelligence inputs that they were manufacturing and testing bombs at a barren field in Seoni.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai