Five schoolchildren drown in Betwa river in Bhojpur
Bhopal: Five children of a picnic party drowned on Sunday in Betwa river near the famous Bhojpur Shiva temple, police said.
The deceased, who belonged to Mahrishi Vidya Mandir school, had gone to Bhojpur along with 23 others for a picnic at the world heritage site.
"While there, five of them went to take a bath in the Betwa and were drowned. Efforts are on to recover their bodies," Obaidullaganj Police Station in-charge MS Meena said.
Three of the deceased have been identified as Ujjwal Bhaire, Pratul Gupta and Mohit Neekhra, police said, adding that the remaining two are yet to be identified.
Raisen Collector JK Jain and SP Shashikant Shukla reached the spot to supervise the operation to fish out the bodies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- 7th Pay Commission: Non-performing govt employees to not get annual increment
- Tri-Nation series final: Mitchell Marsh, Josh Hazlewood guide Australia to 58-run win over West Indies
- History on line as Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer get Wimbledon under way
- 10-year-old boy injured after minor girl forces sex in Kanpur
- Plane catches fire while making emergency landing in Singapore