Five schoolchildren drown in Betwa river in Bhojpur
Bhopal: Five children of a picnic party drowned on Sunday in Betwa river near the famous Bhojpur Shiva temple, police said.
The deceased, who belonged to Mahrishi Vidya Mandir school, had gone to Bhojpur along with 23 others for a picnic at the world heritage site.
"While there, five of them went to take a bath in the Betwa and were drowned. Efforts are on to recover their bodies," Obaidullaganj Police Station in-charge MS Meena said.
Three of the deceased have been identified as Ujjwal Bhaire, Pratul Gupta and Mohit Neekhra, police said, adding that the remaining two are yet to be identified.
Raisen Collector JK Jain and SP Shashikant Shukla reached the spot to supervise the operation to fish out the bodies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested