Five suspected SIMI men held in MP
Barwani: The Anti Terrorist Squad (ATS) of Madhya Pradesh police captured five suspected SIMI activists from Sendhwa Pathar area of the district following an encounter in the early hours on Tuesday, a top police official said.
The five suspected SIMI men apprehended in a post midnight operation include - Abu Faizal (from Mumbai), Irfan Nagauri (Mahidpur) and Khalid Ahmad (Solapur), Madhya Pradesh Director General of Police Nandan Dubey told reporters in Bhopal.
An ATS team led by its chief Sanjiv Sami was camping in Sendhwa Pathar area for the last week.
Dubey said Abu Faizal had escaped from Khandwa jail in October this year while two others nabbed were locals, who were yet to be identified.
The five members of the banned Islamic student organisation have been kept under high security at Kharkia Nursery, a forest department rest house in the district.
Inspector General of Police, Indore range, Vipin Maheshwari has reached the site to take stock of the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read