Forest guard alleges attempted rape by BJP men in MP
Bhopal: A forest guard in Madhya Pradesh today alleged at a press conference organised in the Congress party office here that three BJP workers had attempted to rape his wife in Sehore district.
The forest guard, who was in his uniform and identified as Prem Singh Barela, levelled the allegation at the press meet of MPCC President Kantilal Bhuria.
He alleged that three BJP workers identified as Iqbal Haji, Banesingh Parmar and Swatantra Singh Parmar forcibly entered his official residence at Jhagaria village on February 3 and tried to rape his wife.
They also threatened him with dire consequences when she was inside the house with her little son, the guard claimed.
Initially, police was not registering an FIR in the matter but later the report was filed but no action was taken in this regard so far, he alleged.
Bhuria condemned the incident and demanded action against those responsible for the crime and utilised the incident to say that law and order situation had deteriorated in Madhya Pradesh which goes to polls later this year.
However, ruling BJP MLA and party Spokesman Vishwas Sarang said police will take action in this regard after the probe as per law and will do whatever possible, but cautioned Congress not to do politics in such sensitive matters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Two criminals arrested; stolen motorcycle, arms recovered
- Congress not to project a CM candidate in Gujarat
- Ranveer Singh's rendition of 'Pardesi Pardesi' is so bad it is actually good! - Watch video
- Balochistan Assembly adopts resolution against PM Narendra Modi - Know details
- JNU rape case: Accused scholar Anmol Ratan suspended from university