Forest guard alleges attempted rape by BJP men in MP
Bhopal: A forest guard in Madhya Pradesh today alleged at a press conference organised in the Congress party office here that three BJP workers had attempted to rape his wife in Sehore district.
The forest guard, who was in his uniform and identified as Prem Singh Barela, levelled the allegation at the press meet of MPCC President Kantilal Bhuria.
He alleged that three BJP workers identified as Iqbal Haji, Banesingh Parmar and Swatantra Singh Parmar forcibly entered his official residence at Jhagaria village on February 3 and tried to rape his wife.
They also threatened him with dire consequences when she was inside the house with her little son, the guard claimed.
Initially, police was not registering an FIR in the matter but later the report was filed but no action was taken in this regard so far, he alleged.
Bhuria condemned the incident and demanded action against those responsible for the crime and utilised the incident to say that law and order situation had deteriorated in Madhya Pradesh which goes to polls later this year.
However, ruling BJP MLA and party Spokesman Vishwas Sarang said police will take action in this regard after the probe as per law and will do whatever possible, but cautioned Congress not to do politics in such sensitive matters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city