Forest guard alleges attempted rape by BJP men in MP
Bhopal: A forest guard in Madhya Pradesh today alleged at a press conference organised in the Congress party office here that three BJP workers had attempted to rape his wife in Sehore district.
The forest guard, who was in his uniform and identified as Prem Singh Barela, levelled the allegation at the press meet of MPCC President Kantilal Bhuria.
He alleged that three BJP workers identified as Iqbal Haji, Banesingh Parmar and Swatantra Singh Parmar forcibly entered his official residence at Jhagaria village on February 3 and tried to rape his wife.
They also threatened him with dire consequences when she was inside the house with her little son, the guard claimed.
Initially, police was not registering an FIR in the matter but later the report was filed but no action was taken in this regard so far, he alleged.
Bhuria condemned the incident and demanded action against those responsible for the crime and utilised the incident to say that law and order situation had deteriorated in Madhya Pradesh which goes to polls later this year.
However, ruling BJP MLA and party Spokesman Vishwas Sarang said police will take action in this regard after the probe as per law and will do whatever possible, but cautioned Congress not to do politics in such sensitive matters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17