Forest official`s houses raided; assets worth Rs 50 cr found
Ujjain (Madhya Pradesh): Lokayukta police on Wednesday raided the residences of a senior forest official in the city and in Bhopal and found details of assets worth over Rs 50 crore disproportionate to his known sources of income.
The residences of state Chief Conservator of Forests Vasant Kumar Singh were raided at Kothi road here and at Chunabhatti in Bhopal where documents related to assets worth over Rs 50 crore were found, police said.
The figure could go up once all the seized documents are studied thoroughly, they said.
Beside documents of properties worth crores, Rs 17 lakh cash, gold and silver jewellery worth Rs 14 lakh, receipts of fixed deposits for Rs 50 lakh and details of 12 bank accounts were found during the raid, they said.
Yesterday during a raid, Lokayukta police had found details of assets and property worth around Rs 40 crore from a clerk in Madhya Pradesh Electricity department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday