Forest official`s houses raided; assets worth Rs 50 cr found
Ujjain (Madhya Pradesh): Lokayukta police on Wednesday raided the residences of a senior forest official in the city and in Bhopal and found details of assets worth over Rs 50 crore disproportionate to his known sources of income.
The residences of state Chief Conservator of Forests Vasant Kumar Singh were raided at Kothi road here and at Chunabhatti in Bhopal where documents related to assets worth over Rs 50 crore were found, police said.
The figure could go up once all the seized documents are studied thoroughly, they said.
Beside documents of properties worth crores, Rs 17 lakh cash, gold and silver jewellery worth Rs 14 lakh, receipts of fixed deposits for Rs 50 lakh and details of 12 bank accounts were found during the raid, they said.
Yesterday during a raid, Lokayukta police had found details of assets and property worth around Rs 40 crore from a clerk in Madhya Pradesh Electricity department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video