Forest official`s houses raided; assets worth Rs 50 cr found
Ujjain (Madhya Pradesh): Lokayukta police on Wednesday raided the residences of a senior forest official in the city and in Bhopal and found details of assets worth over Rs 50 crore disproportionate to his known sources of income.
The residences of state Chief Conservator of Forests Vasant Kumar Singh were raided at Kothi road here and at Chunabhatti in Bhopal where documents related to assets worth over Rs 50 crore were found, police said.
The figure could go up once all the seized documents are studied thoroughly, they said.
Beside documents of properties worth crores, Rs 17 lakh cash, gold and silver jewellery worth Rs 14 lakh, receipts of fixed deposits for Rs 50 lakh and details of 12 bank accounts were found during the raid, they said.
Yesterday during a raid, Lokayukta police had found details of assets and property worth around Rs 40 crore from a clerk in Madhya Pradesh Electricity department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch