Forest official`s houses raided; assets worth Rs 50 cr found
Ujjain (Madhya Pradesh): Lokayukta police on Wednesday raided the residences of a senior forest official in the city and in Bhopal and found details of assets worth over Rs 50 crore disproportionate to his known sources of income.
The residences of state Chief Conservator of Forests Vasant Kumar Singh were raided at Kothi road here and at Chunabhatti in Bhopal where documents related to assets worth over Rs 50 crore were found, police said.
The figure could go up once all the seized documents are studied thoroughly, they said.
Beside documents of properties worth crores, Rs 17 lakh cash, gold and silver jewellery worth Rs 14 lakh, receipts of fixed deposits for Rs 50 lakh and details of 12 bank accounts were found during the raid, they said.
Yesterday during a raid, Lokayukta police had found details of assets and property worth around Rs 40 crore from a clerk in Madhya Pradesh Electricity department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win