Former MPPC chief targets Thakre
Nagpur: Former MPCC chief Ranjeet Deshmukh has criticised the incumbent president Manikrao Thakre for "engineering" a campaign "to corner" Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan.
Deshmukh was speaking to reporters after holding a meeting of prominent Congress leaders on Wednesday.
According to Deshmukh, Thakre had "engineered" a campaign against Chavan by instigating some party MLAs to complain against the Chief Minister for the lack of development in their constituencies.
"Thakre cleverly utilised the letters of these legislators and tried to corner Chavan," Deshmukh alleged.
He further alleged that Thakre was doing so as he was "eyeing the Chief Minister`s post".
The senior Congressman supported Chavan for taking "bold" decisions, like the dissolution of board of directors of the Maharashtra State Co-operative Bank, following allegations of irregularities last year. "It was a difficult decision and for this, Chavan deserves compliments," Deshmukh, former Agriculture Minister said.
"Similarly, Chavan dissolved the Congress-ruled Akola Municipal Corporation, which was also facing crisis due to alleged irregularities. Chavan is also handling well the looming drought-like situation in the state," Deshmukh stated.
A delegation of Congress leaders from Vidarbha will soon meet Congress president Sonia Gandhi and general secretary Rahul Gandhi to apprise them the political situation in state, the former MPCC chief said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India