Four blackbucks killed in MP forest
Bhopal: Four black bucks were hunted down by poachers in neighbouring Sehore district, Madhya Pradesh Forest Department officials said today.
They said four suspected poachers were arrested last night for the killing of the endangered species, protected under the Wildlife Act, in a forest area of the district.
The animal`s beheaded carcasses, a gun and a jeep were seized from the four - identified as Nitin Jauhri, Riyaj Hussain (both from Sehore), Sayeed of Bhopal and Nathan Singh Rajput, a resident of Vidisha, the officials said.
The four were caught by a patrolling team when they were taking away the carcasses of black bucks in a jeep after hunting them in the jungles of Nipaniya and Atraliya villages, about 20km from Sehore city, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- `IS child bomber` behind Turkey wedding blast, claims President
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon