Four blackbucks killed in MP forest
Bhopal: Four black bucks were hunted down by poachers in neighbouring Sehore district, Madhya Pradesh Forest Department officials said today.
They said four suspected poachers were arrested last night for the killing of the endangered species, protected under the Wildlife Act, in a forest area of the district.
The animal`s beheaded carcasses, a gun and a jeep were seized from the four - identified as Nitin Jauhri, Riyaj Hussain (both from Sehore), Sayeed of Bhopal and Nathan Singh Rajput, a resident of Vidisha, the officials said.
The four were caught by a patrolling team when they were taking away the carcasses of black bucks in a jeep after hunting them in the jungles of Nipaniya and Atraliya villages, about 20km from Sehore city, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say