Four Congress leaders axed for indiscipline
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Congress on Wednesday expelled two of its functionaries from the party for six years and placed as many under suspension for "indiscipline".
While Sushil Tiwari and Jeevan Patel were axed for six years, memberships of Harsh Yadav and Ashok Shrivastva stand suspended, said chairman of the state unit Congress Media Committee Manak Agrwal.
"The action against them was taken as they violated party discipline in the presence of senior Congress leaders including general secretary Digvijay Singh and state Congress president Kantilal Bhuria," he said.
Agrwal said that the action was taken on the recommendation of a committee after seeking explanations from the four Congressmen who violated the party discipline during a party meeting in Sagar on December 22 last year.
The party has also framed a guideline for its members so that such incidents do not recur in future, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical