Four Congress leaders axed for indiscipline
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Congress on Wednesday expelled two of its functionaries from the party for six years and placed as many under suspension for "indiscipline".
While Sushil Tiwari and Jeevan Patel were axed for six years, memberships of Harsh Yadav and Ashok Shrivastva stand suspended, said chairman of the state unit Congress Media Committee Manak Agrwal.
"The action against them was taken as they violated party discipline in the presence of senior Congress leaders including general secretary Digvijay Singh and state Congress president Kantilal Bhuria," he said.
Agrwal said that the action was taken on the recommendation of a committee after seeking explanations from the four Congressmen who violated the party discipline during a party meeting in Sagar on December 22 last year.
The party has also framed a guideline for its members so that such incidents do not recur in future, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy