Four dacoits gunned down in encounter in MP
Shivpuri: Four dacoits were killed in an encounter with police between Sattanwada and Subhashpura, about 20 kms from here on the Agra-Mumbai National Highway.
Acting on a tip-off, police cordoned-off the highway late last night and asked the dacoits to surrender, district Superintendent of Police RP Singh told reporters here Tuesday.
Instead of surrendering, the dacoits began firing and in return police also opened fire in which four dacoits were killed and one managed to escape, Singh said.
Those killed were identified as - Pappu, Ram Kishan Adivasi, Ramnath Gurjar and Ram Khiladi Gurjar.
All of them carried a reward of Rs 10,000-25,000 on their heads, the SP said, adding that they were wanted in a number of dacoities and other criminal cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?