Four dacoits gunned down in encounter in MP
Shivpuri: Four dacoits were killed in an encounter with police between Sattanwada and Subhashpura, about 20 kms from here on the Agra-Mumbai National Highway.
Acting on a tip-off, police cordoned-off the highway late last night and asked the dacoits to surrender, district Superintendent of Police RP Singh told reporters here Tuesday.
Instead of surrendering, the dacoits began firing and in return police also opened fire in which four dacoits were killed and one managed to escape, Singh said.
Those killed were identified as - Pappu, Ram Kishan Adivasi, Ramnath Gurjar and Ram Khiladi Gurjar.
All of them carried a reward of Rs 10,000-25,000 on their heads, the SP said, adding that they were wanted in a number of dacoities and other criminal cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state