Four SAF personnel killed in mishap, 29 injured
Shahdol: Four personnel of Special Armed Forces`s (SAF) 29th battallion were killed and 29 others injured on Sunday when the vehicle in which they were travelling collided with a tanker carrying acid, police said.
The incident occurred at Pandha Bazar turn under Jaisingh Nagar police station about 60 kms from here.
The SAF jawans were on their way to Shahdol from Datia when a Rewa-bound tanker carrying acid first overturned at Pandha Bazar turn and later hit the SAF vehicle, killing three personnel on the spot while the fourth succumbed to his injuries at hospital, police said.
The deceased were identified as - Company Commander Mharaj Singh, Platoon Commander Dhrampal Singh and Havaldars Gopal Singh and Anand Singh.
The injured personnel were admitted to Shahdol district hospital, while six in serious condition were referred to Jabalpur for treatment.
Soon after the mishap, Collector Neeraj Dube and Superintendent of Police (SP) Sudhir Laad reached the spot and made arrangements for the shifting of victims to hopsital, police said adding further investigations were on.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why