Four SAF personnel killed in mishap, 29 injured
Shahdol: Four personnel of Special Armed Forces`s (SAF) 29th battallion were killed and 29 others injured on Sunday when the vehicle in which they were travelling collided with a tanker carrying acid, police said.
The incident occurred at Pandha Bazar turn under Jaisingh Nagar police station about 60 kms from here.
The SAF jawans were on their way to Shahdol from Datia when a Rewa-bound tanker carrying acid first overturned at Pandha Bazar turn and later hit the SAF vehicle, killing three personnel on the spot while the fourth succumbed to his injuries at hospital, police said.
The deceased were identified as - Company Commander Mharaj Singh, Platoon Commander Dhrampal Singh and Havaldars Gopal Singh and Anand Singh.
The injured personnel were admitted to Shahdol district hospital, while six in serious condition were referred to Jabalpur for treatment.
Soon after the mishap, Collector Neeraj Dube and Superintendent of Police (SP) Sudhir Laad reached the spot and made arrangements for the shifting of victims to hopsital, police said adding further investigations were on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says