Four SAF personnel killed in mishap, 29 injured
Shahdol: Four personnel of Special Armed Forces`s (SAF) 29th battallion were killed and 29 others injured on Sunday when the vehicle in which they were travelling collided with a tanker carrying acid, police said.
The incident occurred at Pandha Bazar turn under Jaisingh Nagar police station about 60 kms from here.
The SAF jawans were on their way to Shahdol from Datia when a Rewa-bound tanker carrying acid first overturned at Pandha Bazar turn and later hit the SAF vehicle, killing three personnel on the spot while the fourth succumbed to his injuries at hospital, police said.
The deceased were identified as - Company Commander Mharaj Singh, Platoon Commander Dhrampal Singh and Havaldars Gopal Singh and Anand Singh.
The injured personnel were admitted to Shahdol district hospital, while six in serious condition were referred to Jabalpur for treatment.
Soon after the mishap, Collector Neeraj Dube and Superintendent of Police (SP) Sudhir Laad reached the spot and made arrangements for the shifting of victims to hopsital, police said adding further investigations were on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert