Four suspected SIMI members held in Ujjain
Bhopal: Close on the heels of arrest of five SIMI activists in the state last week, four suspected operatives of the banned organisation were apprehended by the Madhya Pradesh ATS and Counter Terrorist Group in Ujjain.
Huge amount of explosives were also seized from the suspected Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI) men during the late last night operation.
The four arrested have been identified as Javed Nagori, Abdul Aziz, Mohammad Adil and Abdul Wahi, state ATS chief and Inspector General of Police Sanjeev Shami told reporters here.
The explosives recovered from the four include 12 bombs, a pipe bomb, 900 gelatine sticks and more than 600 detonators, he said.
The interrogation of the four suspects was on, Shami said.
Last week, the state Anti Terrorist Squad (ATS) had arrested five suspected SIMI activists from Sendhwa Pathar area of Barwani district.
Those arrested included Abu Faizal, who had escaped from the state`s Khandwa jail with five others a few months ago.
Later, the ATS claimed Faizal and two others who were arrested had links with fundamentalist terror group Tehreek-e-Taliban, which is active in the north-western Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Pro-EU Londoners rebel with `Lexit` secession call
- Maiden flight of Su-30 MKI with BrahMos missile successful
- Turkey police detain 28 in raids on Erdogan foes
- AAP MLA arrested for sexual harassment, Kejriwal attacks PM with ''Emergency'' taunt
- Rahul Gandhi is in London with a special friend: Subramanian Swamy