Four suspected SIMI members held in Ujjain
Bhopal: Close on the heels of arrest of five SIMI activists in the state last week, four suspected operatives of the banned organisation were apprehended by the Madhya Pradesh ATS and Counter Terrorist Group in Ujjain.
Huge amount of explosives were also seized from the suspected Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI) men during the late last night operation.
The four arrested have been identified as Javed Nagori, Abdul Aziz, Mohammad Adil and Abdul Wahi, state ATS chief and Inspector General of Police Sanjeev Shami told reporters here.
The explosives recovered from the four include 12 bombs, a pipe bomb, 900 gelatine sticks and more than 600 detonators, he said.
The interrogation of the four suspects was on, Shami said.
Last week, the state Anti Terrorist Squad (ATS) had arrested five suspected SIMI activists from Sendhwa Pathar area of Barwani district.
Those arrested included Abu Faizal, who had escaped from the state`s Khandwa jail with five others a few months ago.
Later, the ATS claimed Faizal and two others who were arrested had links with fundamentalist terror group Tehreek-e-Taliban, which is active in the north-western Pakistan.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory