Four-year-old MP rape survivor critical
Nagpur (Maharashtra): Doctors attending to a four-year-old child, who was allegedly raped in the Ghansour town of Madhya Pradesh and shifted to Nagpur, have said that she continues to be critical. They said that the child has suffered severe brain injuries and is on life support.
The doctors` statement came even as police said that the prime accused Feroze Khan, 35, is still absconding, while another person, Rakesh Chaudhary, said to be involved in the crime, has been arrested.
Madhya Pradesh Police have announced a reward of Rs 1 lakh to anyone providing information on the whereabouts of the main accused.
Meanwhile, in Bhopal, women activists of the opposition Congress party staged a demonstration on Monday outside the residence of Madhya Pradesh Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta, demanding his resignation over rising crimes against women and children.
Gupta has maintained that the state police are carrying out their investigations. Police teams have fanned out to various parts of the state, but there is still no concrete lead on the 35-year-old Feroze Khan`s whereabouts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral