Four-year-old MP rape survivor critical
Nagpur (Maharashtra): Doctors attending to a four-year-old child, who was allegedly raped in the Ghansour town of Madhya Pradesh and shifted to Nagpur, have said that she continues to be critical. They said that the child has suffered severe brain injuries and is on life support.
The doctors` statement came even as police said that the prime accused Feroze Khan, 35, is still absconding, while another person, Rakesh Chaudhary, said to be involved in the crime, has been arrested.
Madhya Pradesh Police have announced a reward of Rs 1 lakh to anyone providing information on the whereabouts of the main accused.
Meanwhile, in Bhopal, women activists of the opposition Congress party staged a demonstration on Monday outside the residence of Madhya Pradesh Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta, demanding his resignation over rising crimes against women and children.
Gupta has maintained that the state police are carrying out their investigations. Police teams have fanned out to various parts of the state, but there is still no concrete lead on the 35-year-old Feroze Khan`s whereabouts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand