Four-year-old MP rape survivor critical
Nagpur (Maharashtra): Doctors attending to a four-year-old child, who was allegedly raped in the Ghansour town of Madhya Pradesh and shifted to Nagpur, have said that she continues to be critical. They said that the child has suffered severe brain injuries and is on life support.
The doctors` statement came even as police said that the prime accused Feroze Khan, 35, is still absconding, while another person, Rakesh Chaudhary, said to be involved in the crime, has been arrested.
Madhya Pradesh Police have announced a reward of Rs 1 lakh to anyone providing information on the whereabouts of the main accused.
Meanwhile, in Bhopal, women activists of the opposition Congress party staged a demonstration on Monday outside the residence of Madhya Pradesh Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta, demanding his resignation over rising crimes against women and children.
Gupta has maintained that the state police are carrying out their investigations. Police teams have fanned out to various parts of the state, but there is still no concrete lead on the 35-year-old Feroze Khan`s whereabouts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters