Gang strike bank with grenades in failed robbery bid
Tikamgarh: Armed robbers on Monday made an unsuccessful bid to loot a nationalised bank in Tikamgarh district of Madhya Pradesh by exploding grenades in which three persons were injured, police said.
The robbers barged into the Digoda branch of State Bank of India and blew up two hand grenades inside the office causing panic among the employees and customers, they said. Three persons, including a bank employee, were injured in the attack.
However, the robbers could not succeed in their bid as the cash was not brought to the designated counter from the strong room at the time of attack, Tikamgarh SP Deepak Varma said.
Before entering the bank, the miscreants had detonated a grenade on the road. While two of them entered, the third member kept vigil waiting on a bike, he said.
However, as people started gathering outside the bank after the word spread, the trio had to beat a hasty retreat empty-handed, Varma said.
The injured persons were admitted in the district hospital here, the SP said, adding police were preparing sketches of the robbers on the basis of the eyewitnesses` account.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why