Gang strike bank with grenades in failed robbery bid
Tikamgarh: Armed robbers on Monday made an unsuccessful bid to loot a nationalised bank in Tikamgarh district of Madhya Pradesh by exploding grenades in which three persons were injured, police said.
The robbers barged into the Digoda branch of State Bank of India and blew up two hand grenades inside the office causing panic among the employees and customers, they said. Three persons, including a bank employee, were injured in the attack.
However, the robbers could not succeed in their bid as the cash was not brought to the designated counter from the strong room at the time of attack, Tikamgarh SP Deepak Varma said.
Before entering the bank, the miscreants had detonated a grenade on the road. While two of them entered, the third member kept vigil waiting on a bike, he said.
However, as people started gathering outside the bank after the word spread, the trio had to beat a hasty retreat empty-handed, Varma said.
The injured persons were admitted in the district hospital here, the SP said, adding police were preparing sketches of the robbers on the basis of the eyewitnesses` account.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred