Gas pipeline leaks after damage in Indore, repaired in time
Indore: Timely action averted a major mishap after a pipeline that supplies cooking gas to over 1,400 households got damaged during some road excavation work and started leaking in the populated Banganga area here, an official said.
Some digging work was going on in the area, when around 9 am, a bulldozer damaged the pipeline causing gas leakage, sources said.
Pradeep Madan, director of Avantika Gas Ltd, which had earlier laid the pipeline, told PTI, "Our engineers rushed to the spot and the restoration work was carried out."
People in the area, who detected the gas leak, immediately covered the damaged portion of the pipeline with mud, which reduced the leakage, Madan said.
No case was lodged with the police as the situation was brought under control in time, he said.
However,Indore Municipal Corporation would be informed about the leakage so that such incidents do not reoccur in future, Madan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed