Gas pipeline leaks after damage in Indore, repaired in time
Indore: Timely action averted a major mishap after a pipeline that supplies cooking gas to over 1,400 households got damaged during some road excavation work and started leaking in the populated Banganga area here, an official said.
Some digging work was going on in the area, when around 9 am, a bulldozer damaged the pipeline causing gas leakage, sources said.
Pradeep Madan, director of Avantika Gas Ltd, which had earlier laid the pipeline, told PTI, "Our engineers rushed to the spot and the restoration work was carried out."
People in the area, who detected the gas leak, immediately covered the damaged portion of the pipeline with mud, which reduced the leakage, Madan said.
No case was lodged with the police as the situation was brought under control in time, he said.
However,Indore Municipal Corporation would be informed about the leakage so that such incidents do not reoccur in future, Madan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?