Gas pipeline leaks after damage in Indore, repaired in time
Indore: Timely action averted a major mishap after a pipeline that supplies cooking gas to over 1,400 households got damaged during some road excavation work and started leaking in the populated Banganga area here, an official said.
Some digging work was going on in the area, when around 9 am, a bulldozer damaged the pipeline causing gas leakage, sources said.
Pradeep Madan, director of Avantika Gas Ltd, which had earlier laid the pipeline, told PTI, "Our engineers rushed to the spot and the restoration work was carried out."
People in the area, who detected the gas leak, immediately covered the damaged portion of the pipeline with mud, which reduced the leakage, Madan said.
No case was lodged with the police as the situation was brought under control in time, he said.
However,Indore Municipal Corporation would be informed about the leakage so that such incidents do not reoccur in future, Madan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Maharashtra trying to enact special powers law: Congress
- India to participate at Rio 2016 Footvolley World Tournament
- Parental child abduction: Indian case-load second largest in US
- Yes Bank enters credit card space, eyes No 3 slot in 4 years
- Floods in Bihar: One killed as boat carrying 25 persons capsizes in Aurangabad, 18 still missing